Fordmods Logo

Help aftermarket stereo lost central locking ? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Help aftermarket stereo lost central locking ?
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford ba

NSW, Australia

Hi all new to your website I hope I posted this in the right spot, recently purchased a bf xr6 the car has an after market pioneer radio I lost power to the radio checked fuses nothing blown removed wiring harness from behind stereo , wiring was a little bodgy accessories was wired into the 12v power jack as well as the negative .The constant power wire had no current .In my search to trace wires I removed the icc , the constant power was wired up up under the dash had difficulties seeing were it went to , as it had no power I taped it up an decided to run a new constant power wire from the battery with it own fuse. Wired it all up stereo worked great however I have lost central locking passenger side checked fuses disconnected each wire individually while checking central locking process of ilimination stil nothing ( when I had icc out, I wanted to see if the car would start with out it could this have caused a fault?[code][/code] ) any advice would be greatly appreciated .

Post subject: Re: Help aftermarket stereo lost central locking ?
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:55 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Tony.tolu wrote:
Hi all new to your website I hope I posted this in the right spot, recently purchased a bf xr6 the car has an after market pioneer radio I lost power to the radio checked fuses nothing blown removed wiring harness from behind stereo , wiring was a little bodgy accessories was wired into the 12v power jack as well as the negative .The constant power wire had no current .In my search to trace wires I removed the icc , the constant power was wired up up under the dash had difficulties seeing were it went to , as it had no power I taped it up an decided to run a new constant power wire from the battery with it own fuse. Wired it all up stereo worked great however I have lost central locking passenger side checked fuses disconnected each wire individually while checking central locking process of ilimination stil nothing ( when I had icc out, I wanted to see if the car would start with out it could this have caused a fault?[code][/code] ) any advice would be greatly appreciated .

fault codes have no effect on door lock -
door locks feed from BEM below ICC
if a sedan or wagon drivers door circuit is seperate to other 3 door circuits which are wired together -
possible door actuator fault or wiring
put a test light across red/yellow and yellow/black wire at actuator -should light when locking and unlocking

if only 1 of the other 3 doors is faulty and no test light operation
trace circuit from bem to door that is faulty-
if passenger front -start at main connector behind left kick panel and connector above this that goes into door motor

wires are red/yellow and yellow/black which feed power and earth to motor changes around depending o lock or unlock
black = earth
white/red = ajar switch

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]