HELP NEEDED 2006 bf xr6 wont start 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: HELP NEEDED 2006 bf xr6 wont start
Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ED FALCON

VIC, Australia

Hey ive searched for ages trying to find the answer but I cant find it.. Ive changed the steering column because my ignition barrel stuffed up ive left the car with the ignition on for over an hour and it wont turn over can anyone shed some light as to what I need to do to fix this thanks james.

Post subject: Re: HELP NEEDED 2006 bf xr6 wont start
Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

joppo_evil-ed wrote:
Hey ive searched for ages trying to find the answer but I cant find it.. Ive changed the steering column because my ignition barrel stuffed up ive left the car with the ignition on for over an hour and it wont turn over can anyone shed some light as to what I need to do to fix this thanks james.

If you swapped the whole column over lock stock and barrel so to speak, you will likely need to have a parameter reset (so the PCM recognises your barrel) and your old keys erased/new keys coded to the system via FMP or IDS.. If you were here I could do it for you but your a bit of a hike from Perth so you might have to see Ford service who will charge you roughly 150 for the job.

I had to do the same thing when I upgraded my BEM from low series to High and put a premium ICC in.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Oh crap spewin yeh I changed the whole lot the new column only came with one key though is that going to be an issue or will I have to get another key aswell

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:53 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ford's IDS wants to program a minimum of 2 keys so if they do it you'll need 2 keys...

I had to to have mine done when I put pull AU electrics into my ED to code 2 new keys...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Is there anyone that would come and do it at my place its seeming like my on the cheap plans out the window now I need a tow truck -_- ... Would there be a cheaper place than ford to get another key cut every time I go there they want an arm and a leg

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Genuine Ford keys are dear... I know I purchased 2 of them together for my install... But the aftermarket ones are cheap s**t and you have to wing it on ebay as to whether you get the proper ones without the battery or the ones that go flat and need the battery changed... I bit the bullet and bought 2 genuine blank keys for this reason... They are about $100 a blank maybe a bit more can't remember...

Then I took them to a locksmith to be cut... Sure that cost me 30 or 40 bucks a key to be cut...

It is what it is... Transponder keys ensure security... You have to have them... Ford can charge accordingly... Alternatively your local locksmitch may be able to supply aftermarket good quality transponder keys too...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Alright sweet as thanks for that man you helped heaps cheers James

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

joppo_evil-ed wrote:
Alright sweet as thanks for that man you helped heaps cheers James

Don't let them clone your existing key or the PCM won't see it as a second key. I have gotten ids to do it with only one key by allowing it to time out after one.. But I suspect ford will insist you have two

I only had one and I went to a locksmith to get a second one and without asking he cloned the transponder on my other key and then ids saw them both as the same key. Cost me 145 for the key too.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

What do you mean by that I spoke to ford today and they want 190 for another key then another 40 to get it cut but ive found a locksmith in laverton that will cut me a key for 95 he also asked me to bring down my door lock so he can be sure hes cut it right :s

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

joppo_evil-ed wrote:
What do you mean by that I spoke to ford today and they want 190 for another key then another 40 to get it cut but ive found a locksmith in laverton that will cut me a key for 95 he also asked me to bring down my door lock so he can be sure hes cut it right :s

If you go to a locksmith to get a key, unless you tell him otherwise he will match the transponder to the existing key so it will work without recoding. The problem with that is that the cloned key is for all identifiable factors exactly the same key as the original. So when you go to get the pass reset and key code it will keep asking for a second key because it will see the cloned key as the same key as the original. As long as you tell the locksmith not to clone your transpoder you should be fine.

Cheers

Frank

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:50 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Original key should still be programmed to bem - swap original barrell from old switch and use with original key or remove barrell from new one and have locksmith alter to suit original key

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]