Fordmods Logo

Icc and power window power failure 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Icc and power window power failure
Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: el xr6 falcon

NSW, Australia

Hi guys I'm still haveing problems with power getting to the icc and power windows!! .

Long story short have replaced icc unit BCM and dash looms have even taken the car to ford they can't get power to both brings up huge amount of codes on the digonise machine.. I need help if anyone has had this problem or know of anyone who has and fixed this ..
While I did have the dash out over the weekend once again I did notice another modual which the dash loom is connected to be called a resistant modual this is located under the carpet and insulation rubber on the tunnel does anyone know if these are replaceable with out haveing to go to ford or would this not be my problem ???

To let use understand where im comeing I have power to the windows for about a min till it times off have to use the keypad to unlock the car to gain power while the car is running aswell icc powers up by hitting the large center button stays powered for about half hour then turns off !! But no power when you turn the car on

Post subject: Re: Icc and power window power failure
Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

does it have issues with other accessories too? wondering if theres something dodgy in the ignition that starts the motor but doesnt send power to acc? should be able to use radio for about half hour when car off and windows move for approx minute after car off, so perhaps the ignition isnt connecting the acc when its on? just a random guess......

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:09 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

i have all lights on the dash all symobles come on for standard operation horn ect only other thing i notice is the first stage on the wipers i dont have working the other two speeds do hmmm ???

what caused this was an amp supplying power to the front speakers but had been spliced into the wires not just cut this caused a revers polarity of the power went back through the icc and smoked it since have not been able to get power ???

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

this is on what car? from memory the bem is directly under the icc in a ba/bf. perhaps that was affected too?

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:42 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Ba mk2 xr6 turbo Bem is directly under the icc yes this has Been replaced aswell the dash loom and the icc it's self still hasnt fixed the problem now under the Bem / BCM I have found another modual under the carpet stateing in wrighting resistance modual which is connected to the dash loom does anyone know anything about these ??

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:32 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

So iv done some checks over the last week I'm not getting ignition power with the key so I'm now in need of a new barel and loom to replace mine does anyone know one for sale ??

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

It sounds like you will have to replace the Steering Column. The original type had a lot of troubles and you CANNOT repair them, you will be looking at about $800.00 supplied and fitted.
Before you start spending all that money, I would be checking ALL of the wiring loom plugs, remove and replace them, could be a bad contact?

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:35 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Iv replaced the entire dash loom a new icc a new BEM checked and replaced all fuses and relays is there anything else I have missed other then the Collum ??

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

What about the loom that connects to the right front door? and the wiring along the right side?
Then a trip to an Auto Electrician and see if he can locate a dead spot somewhere?

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

do you mean the body loom the one that runs along the right hand side of the car through the sill under the center consol over to the left hand side all plugs into the front right hand kick panle ??? no i havent replaced that one !!! if im to replace the collum is it a direct change over if i use my orginal key and inner key barrle ?? or do i still have to see ford ??

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

frendy wrote:
do you mean the body loom the one that runs along the right hand side of the car through the sill under the center console over to the left hand side all plugs into the front right hand kick panel ??? no i haven't replaced that one !!! if im to replace the column is it a direct change over if i use my original key and inner key barrel ?? or do i still have to see ford ??

If you have the Steering Column replaced you MUST have it reprogrammed to your car. You will HAVE to have a new Barrel and the key will be different, you will also need a FORD dealer to do the programming.

PS, the NEW column comes with a new barrel and key.

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:08 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Ok thanks for clearing that up I was looking at getting one from the wreckers.
Didn't know you couldn't change the whole inner barrel over like e series could !! .

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]