Fordmods Logo

Indicator ticking too fast! WTF?!? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Ef Ghiaaaaaargh!

WA, Australia

Disregarding everyone being wankers in this thread, it can also be caused by dodgy connecting plugs in the indicator and earthing problems.

Mercedes 500SEC: -- GONE -- http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/my-83-mercedes-500sec-buildup-t69837.html
Ef Ghia: -- GONE -- Pacie 4480's, 2.5" Redback, custom grille, FTR's.
AU xr8: BA xr wheels, 2.5" custom exh, leather and woodgrain next.
Chevy Camaro: LHD, Black, all original.

Post subject: Re: Indicator ticking too fast! WTF?!?
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

metasaiah wrote:
What causes an indicator to flash at double the normal speed? I'm perplexed...

show us where in this thread it states anything other than a faulty indicator.

you sir are the wanker,,,if there are more problems than is written then how the hell do you expect anybody to know or answerer.no one here is a mind reader or clairvoyant.

fair dink-um insulting all who took the time to answerer to the original and put things in that nobody here knew about...

its twits like this that should be banned.

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

metasaiah wrote:
indeed one of them has blown.

so the advice given in this thread was helpful to you and ended up solving the problem in which you specified in the original post.

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

All of this could have been avoided if you just took like 20 seconds to walk around your car with the hazards on.
Then everyone wouldnt think you were an arrogant prick metasaiah.
Live n learn.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

WA, Australia

Had a second look at the car today. The indicator worked this time. So it isn't a blown globe after all. Later I tried it again and it played up. So if I'm not mistaken, it probably isn't a fuse either because they don't work intermittently; they either work or they don't.

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:03 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Check connections on globe, if it's only one globe playing up.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

metasaiah wrote:
Had a second look at the car today. The indicator worked this time. So it isn't a blown globe after all. Later I tried it again and it played up. So if I'm not mistaken, it probably isn't a fuse either because they don't work intermittently; they either work or they don't.

work on cars long enough and you'll find that both fuses and bulbs can work intermittently. heat does wonderful things to the fine wire coil in a bulb and in fuses.

you'll work out one day that just becuase you think it can't be the problem, that doesn't mean it's not.

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

I lol'd at this thread...

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

So did I - although plenty of others didn't see the funny side. It's just like being in the garage at home, talking cars over a few beers. Everyone is convinced that they know what's going on and you're an idiot if you don't believe them. Then they go quiet when you prove them wrong! And you learn a lot along the way - things you wouldn't have thought of. I'll post the final conclusion to this laughable thread later when I've got it sorted. Will be taking some of the (serious) advice given.

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

metasaiah wrote:
Well, this thread really showed me how many w@nkers there are on this forum. I posed the original question because for some unknown reason (and all in one day) my fuel pump died, my CD player stuffed up, one headlight blew and who knows what else might be stuffed that I haven't found yet - so from my point of view it could have been anything, especially since as it turns out, my car has a smartbar and therefore two indicators at each front corner - so from inside the car it appeared that they all worked, but indeed one of them has blown. As well as everything else.
Of course I did get out and check all the lights while replacing the headlight globes - this is how I discovered the blown indicator.
While I can appreciate the well-intended advice of some people here, the rest of you can go f*ck yourselves for being so rude. I've got everything fixed now, no thanks to you.

Buddy, you've got a serious attitude problem......

You write a response to correct advice, suggesting you think the bloke is close to a moron....
metasaiah wrote:
uh, if the globe was blown, it wouldn't be flashing...

and you are calling others wankers.....?

It appears you know absolutely nothing about car electrics (or perhaps cars for that matter), so how about you sit back, take the gentle ribbing of others (that's part and parcel with this forum by the way, so get used to it) and learn something.

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

this thread is a cack! well done guys. made my morning.

as everyone has said, fast flashing indicators can be due to a blown globe. if its intermittently dropping in and out, try checking the connection (that was what was wrong with mine) or the globe anyway

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

my mums ef did it because it got water into it we dried it up and it was fine after that

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Well, although I may not know much about cars (which is why I asked in the first place) at least I'm not pretending to know. The problem is now solved. Some of you had it right; most got it wrong. The globe is fine. The wiring is fine. The fuse and relay etc. are all ok. The problem was such a simple one.

Loose Bayonet Fitting.

The globe was moving around so it contacted only part of the time.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:17 am 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: Ford Ed

SA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
metasaiah wrote:
Well, this thread really showed me how many w@nkers there are on this forum. I posed the original question because for some unknown reason (and all in one day) my fuel pump died, my CD player stuffed up, one headlight blew and who knows what else might be stuffed that I haven't found yet - so from my point of view it could have been anything, especially since as it turns out, my car has a smartbar and therefore two indicators at each front corner - so from inside the car it appeared that they all worked, but indeed one of them has blown. As well as everything else.
Of course I did get out and check all the lights while replacing the headlight globes - this is how I discovered the blown indicator.
While I can appreciate the well-intended advice of some people here, the rest of you can go f*ck yourselves for being so rude. I've got everything fixed now, no thanks to you.

and there my friend is the proof that you are a bigger wanker then every one.

you didn't give any info at all about your problem. How do you expect people to be able to give good advice with no information?

and with attitude like that, i'd be shocked if you ever get any help from here again

How could he give you more info when he had no idea wat it was?? Your the one being the Wanker My friend.. We are here to help each other Not b**ch about the stuff they asked..

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:36 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

metasaiah wrote:
Well, although I may not know much about cars (which is why I asked in the first place) at least I'm not pretending to know. The problem is now solved. Some of you had it right; most got it wrong. The globe is fine. The wiring is fine. The fuse and relay etc. are all ok. The problem was such a simple one.

Loose Bayonet Fitting.

The globe was moving around so it contacted only part of the time.

So what do I win?
You can't say people got it wrong, so many C*** come on here with vague as f**k information, all people can do is try and give them as many different scenarios as possible, and hopefully one of them is right.
Thats what you got, so don't b**ch up because you think they are 'wrong'.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next