lights on gear selector staying on 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: lights on gear selector staying on
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 97 el xr8 opt20

QLD, Australia

hi everyone,
i just bought myself an fg xr6 the car runs like a dream but i noticed today while sitting in the car park that the P for park position on the gear selector stays on all the time i havnt noticed this before i checked when i got home it even stays on when everything is turned off and the car is shut and locked ....does anyone know if this is normal or is there some sort of problem

Post subject: Re: lights on gear selector staying on
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:27 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

My mates BF ZF is the same. I think it turns of after a while though.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

hi mate, the fg has a few electrical timing features in it. the interior lights will stay on once you turn the car off untill you open the drivers door. the headlights can be programmed to stay on for a certain time after exiting the car or locking the vehicle. the park light on the transmission will stay illuminated for a bit after turning off the car, you will also still have power to accessories such as power windows and the like for a while too. this will time itself out after a certain length of inactivity, such as opening the door or starting the car or turning the key. i find this useful in comparison to my girlfriends toyota carolla. to do anything with the motor off (such as lowering a power window) requires the key in the ignition and turned to accessories. the same action can be done in a fg for about 20 minutes or so after removal of the key. handy if the driver takes the keys while your waiting in the car or working on the car....

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

if you turn the car right off and sit there for about 20 minutes or so without opening a door or such, you will hear a strange whirring noise and all the interior lights will turn off. also if your sitting there with the radio on and no key in, after a little bit it will also turn off the icc screen to save power

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 97 el xr8 opt20

QLD, Australia

thanks everyone its been about 30 minutes since i got home so ill run out and check if its off ....cheers for ya help

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]