Fordmods Logo

man and auto wiring loom 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: man and auto wiring loom
Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:55 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ford au2 ute

QLD, Australia

Hi guys , this relates to ford au series 2 Ute. It also relates to the auto wiring loom on the transmission. Now I converted auto to manual ...but I did not get active reverse lights which I had working with the auto in...so I thinking the man box reverse sender unit is knackered..... but I want to check I got the right wires connected up...it appears on both auto and manual boxs to have a connector with 3 wires inside a thick heavy red tube shieth...I am assuming this is reverse for both units and both use the same switch cable code and connection.--..if its not for reverse what is it for ? .........also on the side of the manual box about where loom is ..is 2 spade connector connected to box what's this for?.......

Post subject: Re: man and auto wiring loom
Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:41 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

The Red shethed cable is for your speedo sender.

Reverse wiring will be in the cable that connected to the Inhibitor switch on the Auto.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:58 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Thanks ...yes I worked out the rear was speedo today ..unplug test test proved it ..and its comon connector on both auto and manual ...sort of lead me think 3 wire was a sensor ..not a 2 wire switch...so I learnt that one ...lol..I also confirmed that on an auto the 2 wire gray connector similar to efi injector electric connector .....is fed by 5v on the cable side ...and on the auto box switch side has variable resistance dependant on gear selection .....so I figure this is a gear position sensor for auto gearbox and ecu . So that returned me to the black 4 spade connector ...which I have wired 1 pair in a loop to give me neutral/park position to start the car ..which leaves the 2 left in that connector being reverse .....but when connected to manual switch 2 spade ...I don't get reverse light...it was working in auto but not in manual...I tested the rear bulb/ the rear earth/ the rear cable and connector.I tested the man box switch it worked..so I am clueless .....the reverse fuse is fine ....what have I missed ...I must have wired right its the only possible one left given I have a starting car...

Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:46 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

I posted my fix for this in the gearbox section post ...:-)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]