Fordmods Logo

need help. ef falcon wont fire 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: need help. ef falcon wont fire
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford EF2 futura Turbo

QLD, Australia

I own an ef futura. ive put an AU motor in it and a turbo. motor is built by fataz and the rest real dyno. it has a wolf v 550 computer. the last month ive had trouble with the body control module playing up with its smart lock nonsense. ive replaced the bcm and the problem of it not turning over has gone. however it has now been playing up in a different way. when its cold the car cranks over and fires fine. but if I go for a short drive and get it to running temp and then turn it off, the car will only crank over and not fire again until it cools down. I have had a look at many forums and seen other people with this problem and most of them came down to the crank angle sensor. so I replaced that but no difference. its getting worse now, as im driving along it just completely shuts down on me. done it 4 times in the last 2 days. yesterday I noticed when it cut out the temperature guage wasn't reading and the coolant temp light (not coolant level) was on. the car didn't fire until 3 hours later. today it cut out again but the temp guage was still reading. car does not overheat, it only runs at 86 degrees. but there is extra heat in the engine bay that could be causing me problems like overheating relays but I don't think they could cut the motor. people say it could be other things like the coil, or coolant sensor. im just not sure and already spent enough at auto electrician. any ideas anyone? plus ive noticed that my reverse lamps fuse keeps blowing. ive looked for a short but cant find one.

Post subject: Re: need help. ef falcon wont fire
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairlane na2

TAS, Australia

I had this problem with my na2 completly differnt motor but if you look at my thread you might find something that helps.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Post subject: Re: need help. ef falcon wont fire
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

bbrabeck wrote:
I own an ef futura. ive put an AU motor in it and a turbo. motor is built by fataz and the rest real dyno. it has a wolf v 550 computer. the last month ive had trouble with the body control module playing up with its smart lock nonsense. ive replaced the bcm and the problem of it not turning over has gone. however it has now been playing up in a different way. when its cold the car cranks over and fires fine. but if I go for a short drive and get it to running temp and then turn it off, the car will only crank over and not fire again until it cools down. I have had a look at many forums and seen other people with this problem and most of them came down to the crank angle sensor. so I replaced that but no difference. its getting worse now, as im driving along it just completely shuts down on me. done it 4 times in the last 2 days. yesterday I noticed when it cut out the temperature guage wasn't reading and the coolant temp light (not coolant level) was on. the car didn't fire until 3 hours later. today it cut out again but the temp guage was still reading. car does not overheat, it only runs at 86 degrees. but there is extra heat in the engine bay that could be causing me problems like overheating relays but I don't think they could cut the motor. people say it could be other things like the coil, or coolant sensor. im just not sure and already spent enough at auto electrician. any ideas anyone? plus ive noticed that my reverse lamps fuse keeps blowing. ive looked for a short but cant find one.

I understand that you are running the AU Engine in the EF but are you still using Coilpack with the EF CAM Sensor or are you using the AU Sensor?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]