Fordmods Logo

PAM module in a BA/BF & changes from BA to BF. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: PAM module in a BA/BF & changes from BA to BF.
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Hi folks,

Would like to pick the brains of the knowledgeable and enthusiastic again if that is ok.

Recently I put a new back bumper on my 2004 XR6T and this one came with factory reverse sensors off a BF Fairmont ... (wanted reverse sensors and the factory tow pack loom, I only kept the XR lip off my bumper.)

I got the rear boot loom with it.. but when I put it on the BA.. I found only the trailer wiring was accounted for.. my XR loom was missing the plug for the reverse sensors.

I've since been given the whole BF rear loom all the way to the dash from the BF Fairmont donation car.

My question is.. where is the PAM module located? (Parking Assist Module).. I need to find out if my dash loom has the required plug for the module to connect to the factory module.

I've also requested the same gentleman sell me the BF's entire electrical system... PCM, engine bay loom, dash loom interior looms etc. he seems pretty ok with the idea. If I understand correctly, the PCM is the same but has an extra plug undernearth it for the turbo control loom which is currently taped into my engine bay loom but could be swapped over fairly easily.

I already have a BF white/green BEM in the car, and a BF premium sound ICC.. and I have a BF XR cluster in the shed that I knicked the needles and facia off.. Also have a BF steering column and door lock going in today.

Figure I may as well upgrade the car to a BF, (electrically speaking anyway) Lots of reasons for doing that.. one of which is that the PCM flashes much faster... the fuel economy would improve slightly from the dual independent VCT... I'd most likely get Dynamic Stability Control out of it too.
I could add all the electric memory seat stuff from fairmont/fairlanes etc. A bigger benefit is that later on I'd have the option of a ZF 6 speed transmission if I decide on that over the T56.

As I understand it.. I'd need the following gear to swap it all in:

* New alternator as the BA and BF units are not compatible.
* All BF fairmont looms and modules the BA turbo loom removed from my BA turbo front loom.
* Column sensor for DSC? (i read somewhere that the DSC reads the wheel angle from the column)
* ?

Lots of questions.. Do I need to add the fairmonts side airbags? If they are seat bags, I have them in the FG seats in the car.. will they work with the BF system? Are the HVAC modules the same from BA to BF?

Any thoughts or knowledge you'd car to impart would be most welcome.

Keep in mind I'd be getting all the looms for either free or close enough thereto.. and compared to putting a BF motor in am EL, this should be easy work. Also keep in mind that I have a mongoose and software so I can do the PATS reset and stuff for the 25 dollar FMP 3 day subscription fee. And lastly keep in mind that I already have the BEM/ICC/Cluster from BF's and that I have to pull the dash out to finish the dual zone air con system anyway.. :-)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]