Fordmods Logo

Power to au1 fuel injectors rail HELP! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Power to au1 fuel injectors rail HELP!
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: zf fairlane

VIC, Australia

hello everyone im new to this forum and firstly id like to say g'day and i hope im welcome

ive just spent the last two days striping back wireing around the intake manifold on my au1 falcon with smartlock to trace everything to and from the sensors to find out what wires what ...

anyway had two remove the injector rail and throtle body just to gain minor accsess to the harness that runs under it
its taken up the most of two days and i need the car to drive to work wich is two hours away so ive had to put it back together again twice "my back is killing me "

all thats left to do is find the comon 12v suplly to all six injectors as i need to cut the power feed
after all the striping back i found that each injector seems to have its own single 12v supply i traced it asfar as the base of the intake manifold and dident want to remove it just to trace those power feed suply wires further

im trying to hook up an aftermarket ecu anyway
so far ive managed swicth of the main 12v suply at the top of the large square loom at the back of the intake ...BUT that has cut power to other sensors aswell im not sure wich ones yet....

know for sure the iac lost its power

will i have to make up a pcb board with 6 seperate relays to swicth em all off ?....
or is there a single wire to suply all of em ....like i said i havent traced that far back yet
does each injector have its own 12v suply from the ecu ?

Post subject: Re: Power to au1 fuel injectors rail HELP!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hi,

My EL has the power to the injectors supplied by the ECU relay, they may run all the wires to a point rather than from one to another to avoid straining cables at service times. What reason is there to change the ECU if there are no major engine Mods ?

Regards 96ELGli

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

just trying to replace a faulty lpg ecu that apears to have been butcherd with another lambda control ecu pulled from an ef or el at the wreckers, id say the piggyback lpg ecu had died and the privious owner had rewired it to make it run on fuel only
the car i pulled it from had the same engine and sensors as my au1 anyway so should be compatable

but on the ef/el they tap into the ijector feed at the smaller loom next to the bigger loom with 10mm bolt at the back of the intake ,
they obviously canged the wireing config for the au1
i cant find au1 diagrams anywhere on the net only el and lots of tickford stuff but nothing au1 starndard 6cyl on the ticford factory duel fuel ecu the ecu pin out diagram shows separate 12v feed for each injector individualy from the ecu
im not sure if au1 petrol only smartlock ecu is the same
its running but my injectors are not switching off

Last edited by toe on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

all injectors have common power supply fed by ignition relay also feeds power to items such as IAC -unusual that you have to wire new ECU to 12v power supply unless your fitting a LPG GAS system as the injector circuit from ECU is on the negative pulse from ECU to Injectors - 12v ignition wires same colour at injectors and run to common point back in harness where as negative Pulse wires are different colours and run back to the ECU

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Yes that's what I'm trying do aswell as avoiding being robed by an lpg machanic ,
I work on and rebuild all my engines myself and don't trust most regular machanics

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

So you cut into the negative feed ....that may explain the check engine light when i cut the positive and bypass power to the IAC
So if the negative feed wires to the ecu are differed colors then that makes me think there is one wire for each injector.
The injector pules signal runs on the negative feed ....so without an emulator for each signal chanel to fool the cars original ecu into thinking its still on fuel to keep it happy
how does single point closed loop lpg system run with just the lambda control ecu in a multi point efi setup?......

as so far all the lpg ecu requiers so it seems , is a signal from the o2, tps and coil ther is also another little black box with led's that has a petrol start timer and crank inhibeter that operate two relays ,one of in wich takes care of the injectors on the el/ef setup
...has been running good so far today on lpg after bypassing power to the IAC apart from the check engine light ....

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:10 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Anyone !!
I relize lpg is something that should not be altered or played with moded or atempted to by your reguler machanic and don't recomend doing it to everyone!...thats what the licenced guys are for ! Aswell as insurence purposes ....I have gas plumbing experiance ...but I'm the pluming is already there aswell as the compliance

But I'm only dealing with the elictricall side of things wich I'm experinced in electronic enginearing ..

My last car for fifteen years and currently rebuilding is an xa ..and I'm a bit amazed at the amount of sensors signals and ecu processing these new cars rely upon compared with an old 351 cleveland.
I picked up this au for two hundred bucs and trying to run it cheep as possible

I'll buy new ecu if I have to ...but there has be some thing simple with the injector signal I just haven't worked out yet
I cracked open the old ecu think it could be a simple relay or capacitor fault but a big section of the circut board had fried from a high amperage 12v short rendering part numbrs on semi conductors useless

Its running a poliauto converter with vdo stepper motor... the ecu I'm trying to run is an emergas

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Re: Power to au1 fuel injectors rail HELP
Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:12 pm

?? So you cut into the negative feed ....that may explain the check engine light when i cut the positive and bypass power to the IAC-???????????

No you do not cut negative feed - apparently we were both posting or typing at almost the same time -which seems to have created a bit of confussion...........attached are several diagrams which may be SIMILAR to what you are attempting to connect (From ford documentation but note that there are a lot of different systems available ) hope this helps - or try local Gas repairer he may be able to supply you with correct diagram ? worth a try.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]