Fordmods Logo

Reversed battery now car won't crank 

 

Page 5 of 8 [ 112 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

You've more than likely popped the main fusible link in the engine bay. Typical result when a cab driver gets his wires crossed when recieving a jump start.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 26

Joined: 25th Aug 2012

Ride: ea falcon 89/90

Location: adelaide
SA, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
I can't say it's this or that because you haven't given enough info...

People's cars don't start all the time... There is 50 billion reasons why...

You tell us the starters fine...

It could be:

Collapsed battery
Dodgy barrel
Dodgy Smartlock module
Smartlock module/barrel mismatch
No power to the start relay contacts (damaged wiring or blown fusible link)
No power to the start relay coil (damaged wiring or dodgy smartlock module)
No power out of the starter relay (faulty relay)
No power at the starter trigger wire (faulty wiring)
Failing that a faulty starter motor

So replace all of the above and it will crank... So that's new barrel, new engine loom, new engine bay loom, new dash loom, new smartlock module, new starter motor, new relays, new fusible links...

Two or three days worth of work because you want me to tell you why your isn't cranking... Well it's one of those reasons... If you don't want to investigate which one it is then feel free to change everything for the hell of it... But I can't say it's "this" because there is one answers to fix all... There isn't... Just because the car doesn't crank, doesn't mean the same one items fails internationally in everyone's car...

Nobody on here can tell you what to change, because it's one thing in a long list... You have to stop looking for the "answer" like most of today's youth and do some learning and fault find the circuit and hence the failed part... Too many people want the answer and it's why so many people today fall on their a** when presented with a challenge... Trust me, it wont kill you to learn something... Plenty of info on the net on how to fault find, and in essence, draw a picture (like the one I gave you) it's real simple...

Cheers...


it cant be battery cuz its new unless theres something nobodys telling me about the battery or theres some sort of code or way of putting it in to use it either way its not the battery, and i did give you the proper info i said everything is on everything is working the lights the power like i said its all working everything is working the only thing it wont do is crank over you can crank it and try to get it started but it wont kick over. the only two things that im gonna suss out to look at is the module and the starter motor.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

how long have you had the car and has the starter ever been replaced or reconditioned?do you drive short trips and how many a day?

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 26

Joined: 25th Aug 2012

Ride: ea falcon 89/90

Location: adelaide
SA, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
how long have you had the car and has the starter ever been replaced or reconditioned?do you drive short trips and how many a day?


ive had the car for a while whats got me stumped is that ive had this car sitting in my dads driveway for months and not started or moved it then when i register it and start it its perfect and has been running since now, it was last week from today the battery died i recharged it and the charger said it was full but it still didnt work so i left the battery in there for a week, we changed it today and its still doing the same thing, there was corrosion on the wires so we cleaned them off and put them in it soundd like it had more power but still couldnt kick over. i dont do long trips just short trips from one suburb to another. i dont think the starter has been replaced im not sure i know somethings have been replaced my dad bought the car for me i dont know anything about it or whats been done just know it was working perfect and now decided to play dead
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

starter motors do that,worn parts,mainly brushes and solinoids.they die at the most inconvent time,i had to fix my kids cars at some strange places and times.try the starter first.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:05 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3705

Joined: 27th Sep 2006

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

Location: Leeton
NSW, Australia

ah but hans he assures us his starter is perfectly fine

Quote:
my dad says everything should be working evrything is running fine the alternator the starter motor the efi the gas hose its all working fine nothing is broken or missing but for some reason t just doesnt wanna click over


Now you're starting to piss me off...

If you gave me the info I asked for I'd be able to tell you what the damn problem is... I don't care what you think you're telling me... Proper info or not... It isn't enough information... Until you go get the multimeter out and check the wire that feeds into the starter motor and assure me there is a voltage present then there is no helping you...

For all I care change the bloody TFI module... This is NOT the reason why it wont crank over... Waste your money by being to bloody lazy to investigate your problem and just replace part after part... Because of your lack of interest to want to be able to actually 'diagnose' the problem you'd be better off to just take it to an auto sparky... You'll save a fortune that way...

Sorry but you need to listen to what we're telling you... We can't say it's part "X" or wire "Y" because you have no interest in actually checking anything and reporting back here... All you want is us pull some sort of telekinesis out somehow magically visit your car ourselves and find out so we can tell you... What you're expecting of us is impossible...

All you want to do is replace the starter which you've already assured us is fine in your first post (quoted above) and the TFI module which has no affect on whether the car cranks or not... It could be a mouse having chewed a wire out, it could be an open circuit starter relay, but no... Because this involves you actually looking for a problem you write it off as too hard...

Get sick of trying to help people nowadays who don't want to help themselves... I get sick and tired of posting on here trying to get people to learn how to fix their own problems only to get people like you tell me that I'm not trying hard enough to help you because you have "done all you can" by telling me the dash lights come on but it doesn't crank... This is most sad excuse for a detailed diagnosis I'm yet to see... A lady stranded on the side of the road could be more detailed than that...

Good luck fixing your car because I'm over trying to help you...

End rant...

 

_________________

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:53 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 26

Joined: 25th Aug 2012

Ride: ea falcon 89/90

Location: adelaide
SA, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
ah but hans he assures us his starter is perfectly fine

Quote:
my dad says everything should be working evrything is running fine the alternator the starter motor the efi the gas hose its all working fine nothing is broken or missing but for some reason t just doesnt wanna click over


Now you're starting to piss me off...

If you gave me the info I asked for I'd be able to tell you what the damn problem is... I don't care what you think you're telling me... Proper info or not... It isn't enough information... Until you go get the multimeter out and check the wire that feeds into the starter motor and assure me there is a voltage present then there is no helping you...

For all I care change the bloody TFI module... This is NOT the reason why it wont crank over... Waste your money by being to bloody lazy to investigate your problem and just replace part after part... Because of your lack of interest to want to be able to actually 'diagnose' the problem you'd be better off to just take it to an auto sparky... You'll save a fortune that way...

Sorry but you need to listen to what we're telling you... We can't say it's part "X" or wire "Y" because you have no interest in actually checking anything and reporting back here... All you want is us pull some sort of telekinesis out somehow magically visit your car ourselves and find out so we can tell you... What you're expecting of us is impossible...

All you want to do is replace the starter which you've already assured us is fine in your first post (quoted above) and the TFI module which has no affect on whether the car cranks or not... It could be a mouse having chewed a wire out, it could be an open circuit starter relay, but no... Because this involves you actually looking for a problem you write it off as too hard...

Get sick of trying to help people nowadays who don't want to help themselves... I get sick and tired of posting on here trying to get people to learn how to fix their own problems only to get people like you tell me that I'm not trying hard enough to help you because you have "done all you can" by telling me the dash lights come on but it doesn't crank... This is most sad excuse for a detailed diagnosis I'm yet to see... A lady stranded on the side of the road could be more detailed than that...

Good luck fixing your car because I'm over trying to help you...

End rant...


ok well listen here then d***head as i try and explain to you in the most simplistic terms i can even fathom so you understand my point of view. when i turn the key in the ignition everything turns on dashboard CHECK cd player CHECK mother f**k module CHECK ok everything is lighting up everything is turning on if one thing didnt turn on then obviously something else wouldnt turn on and then something else wouldnt turn on and i would actually find my problem. everything is turning on everything is working when you turn the key the mother f**k starts to start you know the sound but it wont turn over, everything you have suggested ive had my dad suss out ok so instead of being a f**k head try and actually read properly and understand what im f**k telling you and for your s**t about us youths wanting answers from a to z well guess what buddy thats what these cars are made for these days the new motors are made and set up so you can get your a to z answer they certainly didnt make it to be more impossible for us to learn they make it so its easier everyday im just unfortunate to own one of these f**k s**t. learn some f**k respect for f**k getting all p****d of over a f**k car forum or cuz i wont do what you say like i said before i want opinions from everyone especially the people who have been in the exact position as me not d***head like you. i appreciate your help but my god you are a rude C*** about it
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:13 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3705

Joined: 27th Sep 2006

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

Location: Leeton
NSW, Australia

What are you talking about youths? I'm younger than you according to the navigation bar?

So you've tried everything I've suggested yes? So there is power present at the coil trigger wire then? So in that case it has to be a stuffed starter. But hang on, you've already said the starter is fine? Now your telling fibs because your story doesn't stack up.

You don't seriously believe that because your cd player and your dash light up then your car is free of electrical faults and will start? You believe that the diagnosis for crook wiring is when the cd player and dash don't light up? Wow wee, mate you're never going to find this problem with such limited understanding of electricity.

 

_________________

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:19 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 26

Joined: 25th Aug 2012

Ride: ea falcon 89/90

Location: adelaide
SA, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
What are you talking about youths? I'm younger than you according to the navigation bar?

So you've tried everything I've suggested yes? So there is power present at the coil trigger wire then? So in that case it has to be a stuffed starter. But hang on, you've already said the starter is fine? Now your telling fibs because your story doesn't stack up.

You don't seriously believe that because your cd player and your dash light up then your car is free of electrical faults and will start? You believe that the diagnosis for crook wiring is when the cd player and dash don't light up? Wow wee, mate you're never going to find this problem with such limited understanding of electricity.


dude do you have no girlfriend or something? like seriously just f**k off alright you been nothing but a jerk to me as soon as you answered. do you feel good to try undermine people? do you feel like a big and smart man they way you talk to people seriously mate i tried to be nice and understanding and respectful to your answers and opinions but now i couldnt give two s**t what you f**k say, dont care if your the smartest man in the world about cars cuz right now your nothing but douchebag so piss off im over reading your dribble!!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:25 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 26

Joined: 25th Aug 2012

Ride: ea falcon 89/90

Location: adelaide
SA, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
musk wrote:
like i said its all working everything is working the only thing it wont do is crank over you can crank it and try to get it started but it wont kick over


musk wrote:
everything is turning on everything is working when you turn the key the mother f**k starts to start you know the sound but it wont turn over


What does that mean? Makes the noise but doesnt crank over? If its not cranking, what noise does it make other then running?

Seriously, you dont listen nor explain properly and when advice is given to you IN TWO THREADS you still ignore it or dont have the capacity to understand it.

TimmyA is one of Fordmods most respected members here whom has tried to help you, using his experience from his work and also what he has learnt playing round with his cars

So either listen to what the man has to say or f**k the hell off these forums


how much more do i need to tell you guys seriously i have tried to explain as much as i can in f**k writing i have tried to be nice and respectful but all im getting from you guys is "we need more info" "blah blah blah" seriously what otyher f**k noise does a car make when you start it huh? it makes the same f**k noise every car makes when it starts i cant explain it how a car starts in words on here cuz you still will think its the wrong info if you wanna know what sound it makes start your car and before it kicks over thats the sound it makes ok seriously why are yous all being jerks i told yous everything thats possible what more info do you need??? im sorry if i sound like a d**k and for responding with such attitude but i dont appreciate the comments and s**t you guys have been throwing at me so if you dont want me to act like this dont talk to me like that cuz if you talk to me like a piece of s**t dont be so suprised if i bite back.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:32 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3705

Joined: 27th Sep 2006

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

Location: Leeton
NSW, Australia

musk wrote:

dude do you have no girlfriend or something? like seriously just f**k off alright you been nothing but a jerk to me as soon as you answered. do you feel good to try undermine people? do you feel like a big and smart man they way you talk to people seriously mate i tried to be nice and understanding and respectful to your answers and opinions but now i couldnt give two s**t what you f**k say, dont care if your the smartest man in the world about cars cuz right now your nothing but douchebag so piss off im over reading your dribble!!


Thank god for that. You're a lost cause son.

Glad to see the back side of you.

Bye for now and best of luck in whatever future endeavors you may be capable of.

(ps to most recent reply, the information I want and have asked for I don't know how many times, is there power to the trigger wire on the starter solenoid when you hold the key to start? Or is this still all too hard?)

Uniacidz, thanks man nice to know someone values the time and effort that go into my responses.

 

_________________

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 102

Posts: 466

Joined: 22nd Jun 2011

Ride: '97 EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

TimmyA is god.

:roll:

 

_________________

EL Ghia

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:42 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 26

Joined: 25th Aug 2012

Ride: ea falcon 89/90

Location: adelaide
SA, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
musk wrote:

dude do you have no girlfriend or something? like seriously just f**k off alright you been nothing but a jerk to me as soon as you answered. do you feel good to try undermine people? do you feel like a big and smart man they way you talk to people seriously mate i tried to be nice and understanding and respectful to your answers and opinions but now i couldnt give two s**t what you f**k say, dont care if your the smartest man in the world about cars cuz right now your nothing but douchebag so piss off im over reading your dribble!!


Thank god for that. You're a lost cause son.

Glad to see the back side of you.

Bye for now and best of luck in whatever future endeavors you may be capable of.

(ps to most recent reply, the information I want and have asked for I don't know how many times, is there power to the trigger wire on the starter solenoid when you hold the key to start? Or is this still all too hard?)

Uniacidz, thanks man nice to know someone values the time and effort that go into my responses.


like i said to the other dude before you talk to me like a piece of s**t dont be suprised if i bite back, and yes there is power to the trigger wire ok i kept telling you there is power everywhere ok and yes obviously i know if the cd player is on and dash doesnt mean it has anything to do with power source, this why i am on here because i cant figure it out, my dad cant figure it out, my mates cant figure it out nobody can figure out yet whats going on, we checked the wires running through the whole engine bay everything is fine no dodgy wiring, check the module it lights up all of it when you turn the ignition, the gas comes through like normal, the fan belts all turn to switch on the battery is new so it should have lots of power but the way it acts it acts like it has no power coming from the battery so it seems like the battery is dead but its not. im sorry if ive been rude but i have tried to explain this to you i have tried to paint a picture in your mind as to what my problem is. i didnt want this to get out of hand i just wanted a simple answer or explanation just something that can hel me get back on the road not to start fights or arguments not to be talked to like a piece of s**t but to find an answer to a problem
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:54 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3705

Joined: 27th Sep 2006

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

Location: Leeton
NSW, Australia

TyLeR3397 wrote:
TimmyA is god.

:roll:


:oops: awww. You guys...

Musk, or whatever your name is.

Is it that hard? If you have power to both the main stud on the solenoid and the trigger wire when cranking, but yet still doesn't crank over then the starter motor is polling out. The noise you're hearing is probably the solenoid going clunk and engaging and then the nothingness which follows is a cactus starter. A poled out starter can appear to be just like a flat battery.

 

_________________

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:07 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 26

Joined: 25th Aug 2012

Ride: ea falcon 89/90

Location: adelaide
SA, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
TyLeR3397 wrote:
TimmyA is god.

:roll:


:oops: awww. You guys...

Musk, or whatever your name is.

Is it that hard? If you have power to both the main stud on the solenoid and the trigger wire when cranking, but yet still doesn't crank over then the starter motor is polling out. The noise you're hearing is probably the solenoid going clunk and engaging and then the nothingness which follows is a cactus starter. A poled out starter can appear to be just like a flat battery.


timmyA or whatever your name is.

obviously if we have made 6 pages for a simple question then yeah it is hard bloody hard to explain on a keyboard without sounds or pics next time il just put up a video to make it easier for everyone. i appreciate your help and your answers, im not a rude person i just dont like being talked to in a rude manner as you can see why wrote what you wrote but with your name, is it really called for to act like you dont know my name even though you been replying to it seriously its that type of talk that makes you look weak. im all good to say sorry and admit my mistakes i know when im wrong theres no shame in owning up to your mistakes but for you talk like you did thats just low man i wont apologise for what i said cuz i was only standing up for myself not trying to start a fight or have an argument.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 5 of 8  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:21 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names