Page 6 of 8 [ 112 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:17 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ea falcon 89/90

SA, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Mate, take a step back and rethink.

If explaining on a forum is hard, or cant get the message across, then find a alternate method.

Get a video and upload it. Use photbucket or youtube to upload and post back with a link. A picture paints a thousand words and a video might be able to help diagnose the starting issue.

Clicking and not cranking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytiINK_2SNI

Is it doing this
Cranking but not starting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywKPm7VJzIE

Or anything similar in this video and if so, the time period in minutes and seconds (2.53) so others can see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=064Ilsz8Fzg

Or like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upJHtSSwx7s

Or this one which is bad starter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjstj9kW ... ature=fvwp

THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT HELPED ME OUT SO MUCH!! its doing the same as cranking but not starting video and the video underneath it where you see everything lights up and turns to turn over so theres no clicking sound just the rev turn on sound i thinks it more the 3rd video so i guessim gonna have to try them and if that doesnt work then im fully stumped. i said before i do apologise for my rudeness and appreciate your help i do i just dont like being talked to rudely. next time im gonna record it and just post it up cuz it was pretty hard to try and explain exactly whats happening in those videos

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:25 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
So she is cranking (starter motor is running fine) but the car just is not igniting and running?

Now we getting somewhere

yes this was exactly what i was trying to explain i wish i knew about the video link earlier would of saved us this whole mess

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:36 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL GLi

As for cranking and not starting, a fairly common thing is a blocked fuel filter. I'm not sure if there's any reason not to use Aerostart or similar on these engines (anyone?) so you could try putting a bit into the throttlebody and seeing if that will start it.

Oh yeah, is the fuel pump priming (whirring in the boot as soon as you turn the key to on, easy enough to hear from the drivers seat)?

Build Thread

the-garage-f53/benno-the-viking-s-el-t111731.html

Ain't nuthin' to it but do it!

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:25 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Benno The Viking wrote:
As for cranking and not starting, a fairly common thing is a blocked fuel filter. I'm not sure if there's any reason not to use Aerostart or similar on these engines (anyone?) so you could try putting a bit into the throttlebody and seeing if that will start it.

Oh yeah, is the fuel pump priming (whirring in the boot as soon as you turn the key to on, easy enough to hear from the drivers seat)?

nah mate the fuel pump isnt priming or whirring its doing pretty fine

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:39 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

musk wrote:
Benno The Viking wrote:

If it is not priming or whirring, how is it doing fine?

Open the boot, peal back the carpet on the passenger side near the wheel arch and you will see a plate on the floor, under that is the fuel pump. While you are there, get someone to turn the ignition key to red and listen to see if you can hear the pump make a whirring noise. If it does this then the pump is fine, if it doesn't then the pump is not priming and the motor will get no fuel therfore resulting in no start. If it does not prime check you fuel pump relay, could be stuffed.

PS don't dump on TimmyA, he was only trying to help and he is one of the most helpful guys on here. Show a little respect and it will go a long way, don't and .......... well I will let you work that one out.

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:58 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

musk you rude a**hole, everyone is trying to help you, its not there fault your a dumb a**..
so many sugestions have been put out there, yet have you checked them all,,

i even asked a while back if the ignition has spark or not?
well does it??
if you dont know, ask your dad to check for spark.
if he dont know then there is no hope for a home diagnosis, just take it a auto electritian or mechanic and pay to fix the problem..

if you keep snaping, abusing and swearing at the people that are trying to help, you will not be welcome here...

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:02 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
musk you rude a**hole, everyone is trying to help you, its not there fault your a dumb a**..
so many sugestions have been put out there, yet have you checked them all,,

i even asked a while back if the ignition has spark or not?
well does it??
if you dont know, ask your dad to check for spark.
if he dont know then there is no hope for a home diagnosis, just take it a auto electritian or mechanic and pay to fix the problem..

if you keep snaping, abusing and swearing at the people that are trying to help, you will not be welcome here...

look mate im not even gonna dignify that with an answer if you actually open your eyes and read it properly you would see i was only snapping back because of the rudeness i was given i already explained it i aint gonna explain it again, i already apologise for my rude behaviour too if you dont believe bloody look up at the last messages ok you cant expect to talk to somebody with an attitude and not expect them to fire back OK MATE!!!!

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Do you need a holiday Musk?
Even if not I reckon you should start packing cause you will be getting one.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:14 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I'm just sitting back watching in interest now. It's not even worth helping this lost cause. I take my hat off to Uniacidz for trying.

This is gonna end good so here for the long haul.

Oh and sorry musk, as you'd be able to tell from my username, my name is Tim. But then your not so sharp so maybe you couldn't work that out, my first reply would have had my name at the end too.

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
I'm just sitting back watching in interest now. It's not even worth helping this lost cause. I take my hat off to Uniacidz for trying.

Oh and sorry musk, as you'd be able to tell from my username, my name is Tim. But then your not so sharp so maybe you couldn't work that out, my first reply would have had my name at the end too.

lol whats going on i got some reading to catch up on :)

p,s to op i cheek ALL fuses and relays , yes RELAYS there blood pricey little muts

i hope i dont get flamed for giving the answer to op lol

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:22 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Na man not from us anyway.

But musk will up you because he's already tried everything and all he wants someone to do is blame the tfi module and replace that if you offer a suggestion outside of that then he just tells you he's tried it.

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:55 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Na man not from us anyway.

But musk will up you because he's already tried everything and all he wants someone to do is blame the tfi module and replace that if you offer a suggestion outside of that then he just tells you he's tried it.

Cheers,
Tim

shows how mature you really are hey ive apologised for my outburst and you cant seem to get that can you? at least one person had the decency to understand that what i was saying obviously wasnt getting into your head so he came up with a great idea he found some videos and you know what even after what i said he still was nice about it wasnt rude at all and for that i thank him as for the dude who rekons il be on holiday nice one mate its easy to talk tough online everyones a badass on there keyboards. obviously you need to listen more and read more careful instead of just assuming and maybe grow up more hey if i said my pice and admitted to my mistake then theres no need to carry on the way you are, you may know a lot more about cars then me but you obviously dont know more about life and talking to people so you need to grow up and stop acting like a child over a keyboard, ive said my piece ive said my apologies ive got nothing more to say to yous anything more you say back to me just makes you look like an idiot. i told i didnt want a fight or argument obviously there was some miscommunication i said that i appreciate your help and advice all i wanted was an answer and now i have got one, if you cant accept my apologies and my mistakes well then that really shows how old you are.

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:07 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

SWC wrote:
musk wrote:
Benno The Viking wrote:

If it is not priming or whirring, how is it doing fine?

Open the boot, peal back the carpet on the passenger side near the wheel arch and you will see a plate on the floor, under that is the fuel pump. While you are there, get someone to turn the ignition key to red and listen to see if you can hear the pump make a whirring noise. If it does this then the pump is fine, if it doesn't then the pump is not priming and the motor will get no fuel therfore resulting in no start. If it does not prime check you fuel pump relay, could be stuffed.

PS don't dump on TimmyA, he was only trying to help and he is one of the most helpful guys on here. Show a little respect and it will go a long way, don't and .......... well I will let you work that one out.

thanx i appreciate your help ok i know some of things ive said to timmy have been disrespectful and i know he was only trying to help me out i get it but the way he talked and responded to me was completely over the line and uncalled for you tell me im being disrespectful well go back and look and see who was acting disrespectful first and you will see why i said what i said.

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:18 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
TimmyA wrote:

p,s to op i cheek ALL fuses and relays , yes RELAYS there blood pricey little muts

Ok EF_wanabe, notice how you suggested something to check, but because this involvees musk actually checking something and applying thought to the process, he doesn't even give it a try? He pretends you never wrote it down...

Now he'll ask for any other advice and you'll tell him to check the relays again...

Then he'll write back and tell you he's checked him (simply because he can't/wont/doesn't know to do it.)

Then we're all left sitting here thinking what else it could be, little to be known that chances are he hasn't checked nothing...

That's the general theme so far...

These people suggesting your holiday are senior members and carry with the duty, no, privilege if you will, to be the main a** kicking men and see your IP address blocked from the fordmod's servers... Be very careful who you pick on over the keyboard... You're a rookie, so feel free to show these senior members more respect... In essence, what they've so kindly handed down is a warning of sorts...

Read more? I would have so much trouble less reading more if you could actually structure a damn paragraph? Are you illiterate or just damn lazy? Every single reply you send it full of commons and is one sentence spanning an entire paragraph... If you feel the need to keep doing this, then I feel the need to refer you to your closest adult education centre and book yourself in for a literacy course...

You're 26 man... If you can't explain something in words wouldn't the most logical thing to do be take a picture or video? Do you not at the very least own a mobile phone with the capability to take a photo or video? If we need to hold your hand to encourage you to do this, then there is a lot of other choices in life you shouldn't be being allowed to make...

So now all that aside...

With all the information we've suggested thus far what have you actually gone and tested?

Have you checked for Spark?
Have you checked for fuel pressure?
Have you checked for fuel volume?
Have you checked the smartlock jewel to see if it's immobilised?
Have you checked the interior light fuse?
Have you checked all the fuses for that matter?
Have you checked the main fuses/fusible links?
Have you ran diagnosis on the computer (tech docs under the the resource tab at the top)?

Come back to us answering all these points... ALL THESE POINTS...

Then we can help you more... Check them and cross them off one by one... Until we know which of the points are failing we're sitting ducks on where to point you on what to check for next...

And again, this is exactly what we've been trying to tell you from the start... Investigate and report back, we don't have enough information to make a diagnosis currently...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:
TimmyA wrote:

Ok EF_wanabe, notice how you suggested something to check, but because this involvees musk actually checking something and applying thought to the process, he doesn't even give it a try? He pretends you never wrote it down...

Now he'll ask for any other advice and you'll tell him to check the relays again...

Then he'll write back and tell you he's checked him (simply because he can't/wont/doesn't know to do it.)

Then we're all left sitting here thinking what else it could be, little to be known that chances are he hasn't checked nothing...

That's the general theme so far...

These people suggesting your holiday are senior members and carry with the duty, no, privilege if you will, to be the main a** kicking men and see your IP address blocked from the fordmod's servers... Be very careful who you pick on over the keyboard... You're a rookie, so feel free to show these senior members more respect... In essence, what they've so kindly handed down is a warning of sorts...

Read more? I would have so much trouble less reading more if you could actually structure a damn paragraph? Are you illiterate or just damn lazy? Every single reply you send it full of commons and is one sentence spanning an entire paragraph... If you feel the need to keep doing this, then I feel the need to refer you to your closest adult education centre and book yourself in for a literacy course...

You're 26 man... If you can't explain something in words wouldn't the most logical thing to do be take a picture or video? Do you not at the very least own a mobile phone with the capability to take a photo or video? If we need to hold your hand to encourage you to do this, then there is a lot of other choices in life you shouldn't be being allowed to make...

So now all that aside...

With all the information we've suggested thus far what have you actually gone and tested?

Have you checked for Spark?
Have you checked for fuel pressure?
Have you checked for fuel volume?
Have you checked the smartlock jewel to see if it's immobilised?
Have you checked the interior light fuse?
Have you checked all the fuses for that matter?
Have you checked the main fuses/fusible links?
Have you ran diagnosis on the computer (tech docs under the the resource tab at the top)?

Come back to us answering all these points... ALL THESE POINTS...

Then we can help you more... Check them and cross them off one by one... Until we know which of the points are failing we're sitting ducks on where to point you on what to check for next...

And again, this is exactly what we've been trying to tell you from the start... Investigate and report back, we don't have enough information to make a diagnosis currently...

Cheers,
Tim

http://youtu.be/ywKPm7VJzIE

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... =vAQGeaCNp

watch these videos if it links it explains it all i cant explain anymore ok and if you must know no i dont have a mobile phone thats compatable because for the last year ive been doing it pretty f**k hard ok ive lost some of my most important people to death ive lost my work and my house hence why im driving this s**t piece of ford hence why im askin on here instead of paying a mechanic ok i know i may have been rude but you have been nothing more but the same you still helping me yet still being rude about it im sorry if i dont have the convience of a mobile phone that has a video or sound im sorry if you cant read my writing maybe next time il put autocheck on.

i know this may seem rude but did you actually read the part where i said i was sorry and admit to my mistakes????

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 8  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next