Page 7 of 8 [ 112 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: Reversed battery now car won't crank
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:45 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Man I'm totally over caring anymore. Your situation is your situation. If I were up the creek I'd still have plenty of mates who'd lend me a hand.

Either check off the list I gave you and report back with what you find or just give up. We cannot help you anymore than we have. If you can't diagnose the above points then there is no point in spending anymore time in this thread.

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ea falcon 89/90

SA, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Man I'm totally over caring anymore. Your situation is your situation. If I were up the creek I'd still have plenty of mates who'd lend me a hand.

Either check off the list I gave you and report back with what you find or just give up. We cannot help you anymore than we have. If you can't diagnose the above points then there is no point in spending anymore time in this thread.

DID YOU WATCH THE VIDEOS???????? BECAUSE BY YOUR REPLY YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDNT!!!!! THE DUDE WHO SENT ME THE LINK I TOLD HIM WHAT VIDS AND STRAIGHT AWAY BAM HE HAD AN ANSWER YOUR JUST TRYING TO START A FIRE WITH WET WOOD GOODBYE TIMMY!!!!!

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Lol man, it seems you instantly get angry when you don't instantly get the answer to your problems.

I'm pretty sure TimmyA gave you a list of things to check and you still haven't, instead you just give him a link to a car that is cranking over.

No wonder he doesn't want to help you, you're not helping him.

EL Ghia

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:00 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

TyLeR3397 wrote:
Lol man, it seems you instantly get angry when you don't instantly get the answer to your problems.

I'm pretty sure TimmyA gave you a list of things to check and you still haven't, instead you just give him a link to a car that is cranking over.

hallelujah... Someone who sees what I see...

So those videos fixed your problem you're now saying?

What was wrong?

I bet it's something on the list I told you to check?

Watching those videos, all it said was check spark, check fuel pressure, and the other assortment of things which cause a motor not to run... Strangely, enough looks somewhat similar to the list I just gave you actually?

TimmyA wrote:
Have you checked for Spark?
Have you checked for fuel pressure?
Have you checked for fuel volume?
Have you checked the smartlock jewel to see if it's immobilised?
Have you checked the interior light fuse?
Have you checked all the fuses for that matter?
Have you checked the main fuses/fusible links?
Have you ran diagnosis on the computer (tech docs under the the resource tab at the top)?

So which one was the culprit musky if the video answered your question?

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

TyLeR3397 wrote:

what more do you want from me? if i have supplied the videos and links to what my car is exactly doing then why do i need to tell you if I
Have checked for Spark?
Have checked for fuel pressure?
Have checked for fuel volume?
Have checked the smartlock jewel to see if it's immobilised?
Have checked the interior light fuse?
Have checked all the fuses for that matter?
Have checked the main fuses/fusible links?
Have you ran diagnosis on the computer (tech docs under the the resource tab at the top)?

if i have shown the video of what my car is exactly doing then i dont need to tell you this list, my dad can find a problem to carbie engines without turning it on to see what it sounds like or how it runs he opens the bonnet and he sees whats wrong ive shown the video of what its doing so by how its running and by showing you these videos i dont need to tell you the checklist cuz you could see whats going on???? you all claim that im the bad guy the rude person yet this bad guy has apologised and admitted his wrong doings, but you dont see that do you or you dont want to you guys just want the last line fine whatever, and when its fixed il be sure to let yous all know what the problem was and well see how helpful you guys have really been.

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

ok,can you and your dad check the list,the motors flooded by now if it has petrol,the battery may need recharging and we have wasted most of the day,the car should be running by now,as we all said-petrol,spark at the plugs,thankyou

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Last edited by hans hartman on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
ok,can you and your dad check the list,the motors flooded by now if it has petrol,the battery may need recharging and we have wasted most of the day,the car should be running by now,as we all said-petrol,spark at the plugs,thankyou

its on gas not petrol

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

look, I'm an 18 year old kid, 1 year ago I looked at my old falcon and pointed to my rocker cover and asked my dad "Is dat duh plenum?" I've since learned a little bit about cars & engines through all the people on fordmods and my dad.

I can tell you that the reason Tim has asked you to check all those things because they could all be culprits. It's not like "oh, the engine won't start, it's just cranking over" "AH THAT'S EASY, THIS PART X NEEDS REPLACING, IT"S THE ONLY REASON WHY"

Have checked for Spark? - No spark, fuel doesn't burn.
Have checked for fuel pressure? - Fueling issues, an engine needs fuel to work
Have checked for fuel volume? - Same as above
Have checked the smartlock jewel to see if it's immobilised? As an immobiliser works, if it's on, your car won't start.
Have checked the interior light fuse? My guess is if there's a blown fuse somewhere, you won't be getting power or a spark.
Have checked all the fuses for that matter? ^
Have checked the main fuses/fusible links? ^
Have you ran diagnosis on the computer (tech docs under the the resource tab at the top)? This will probably help you hunt down the issue.

There's a lot more to electronic fuel injected cars compared to a carby engine car from the 70/80's.

EL Ghia

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

musk wrote:
hans hartman wrote:

its on gas not petrol

that helps,does it have spark at the plugs

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

musk wrote:
its on gas not petrol

LOL.

EL Ghia

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:27 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

TyLeR3397 wrote:
look, I'm an 18 year old kid, 1 year ago I looked at my old falcon and pointed to my rocker cover and asked my dad "Is dat duh plenum?" I've since learned a little bit about cars & engines through all the people on fordmods and my dad.

I can tell you that the reason Tim has asked you to check all those things because they could all be culprits. It's not like "oh, the engine won't start, it's just cranking over" "AH THAT'S EASY, THIS PART X NEEDS REPLACING, IT"S THE ONLY REASON WHY"

Have checked the smartlock jewel to see if it's immobilised? As an immobiliser works, if it's on, your car won't start.
Have checked the interior light fuse? My guess is if there's a blown fuse somewhere, you won't be getting power or a spark.
Have you ran diagnosis on the computer (tech docs under the the resource tab at the top)? This will probably help you hunt down the issue.

There's a lot more to electronic fuel injected cars compared to a carby engine car from the 70/80's.

well done mate that last bit of what you said is exactly what i been saying

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Is it factory gas or aftermarket?

You said previously that the fuel pump wasn't making any noise on startup. I once had the same problem on my falcon, which had an aftermarket gas system fitted. I tried to start my car and it just turned over. The fuel pump didn't prime either, but at that time I didn't even know what the sound of the pump was anyway. I opened the bonnet and jiggled a few of the wires on the relay, tried to start the car again and it did.

EL Ghia

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

musk wrote:
TyLeR3397 wrote:

well done mate that last bit of what you said is exactly what i been saying

but to help you understand more i dont have an interior light the globe blew out ages ago before i had the car so if its the interior light why is it doing it now and not back then? i dont have an imobiliser ea dont come with it or this car didnt either way no imobiliser, i have checked the fuses and the main fuses and they are all working fine ive said this many times now, i have to check the sparks today to see if it is sparking.

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

TyLeR3397 wrote:
Is it factory gas or aftermarket?

You said previously that the fuel pump wasn't making any noise on startup. I once had the same problem on my falcon, which had an aftermarket gas system fitted. I tried to start my car and it just turned over. The fuel pump didn't prime either, but at that time I didn't even know what the sound of the pump was anyway. I opened the bonnet and jiggled a few of the wires on the relay, tried to start the car again and it did.

its aftermarket gas il go check out the fuel pump right now

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

we dont need to wind him up,just get his car running and we are all happy,job done.we need to know whats has been looked at and checked.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 8  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next