Fordmods Logo

SY Mkii -Traction Control & ABS lights are on?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: SY Mkii -Traction Control & ABS lights are on??
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8 220 Manual

Hi all,

We just bought a SY Mkii territory, only 3 years old with 38,000ks and love the car.

Recently, on occassion the traction control light came on and wouldnt turn off. This happened maybe once or twice now every drive the traction control and ABS lights come on together. It usally happens about 5 mins after you start driving, they stay on until you shut the car off, then the same thing next start, no warning lights until about 5 mins after you start driving.

I have done a search and found a whole list of possibilities. I tried the obvious and simple ones to start with.
- Checked relevant fuses, all ok
- Checked that all the brake lights were working, all ok.
- gave the brake calipers a blast with the pressure washer to remove dust from the sensors, no change.

So my question is, has anyone had the same fault? What was it and what is the best way to go about diagnoosing it?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: SY Mkii -Traction Control & ABS lights are on??
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Just had another development. I got the missus to step on the brake pedal before she left this morning. no brake lights!!

She tried a couple more times and then they flickered and eventually started working again... then all of a sudden the lights on the dash came back on...

So now I am thinking maybe the relay or the brake light switch behind the brake pedal... thoughts??

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ok i put a new switch in...

Well no change. The switch is working now but it seems they may be unrelated. Although one comment that I do have is that when I put the switch in the brake pedal was very sensitive in turning on the lights but after my drive i thought the switch was a little less sensitive and you have to push the pedal a bit before the ligths come on....

My question is, will the brake lights not working but the car slowing down cause these errors to show??

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FPV

NSW, Australia

Hi, I have exactly the same problem! Did you find out what caused the problem? Cheers

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:42 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

FPVTERRITORY wrote:
Hi, I have exactly the same problem! Did you find out what caused the problem? Cheers

Best bet is you get the codes pulled from the car... Esp if you know someone who will do it for free... It could be anything from a bad VR wheel sensor to a bad tone wheel, bad wiring, failed module, or bad communications link... If you pull the codes at least you'll know where to start looking for the problem...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]