Fordmods Logo

Territory Drives side window not going up or down. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Territory Drives side window not going up or down.
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: HOT EL

VIC, Australia

Hi guys, my wife has a territory and the window is halfway down (she put it down) now it wont go up or down anymore. All other windows work fine of the drivers control but the drivers window, i pulled the switch out and pulled it apart, tested with the multimeter and the contacts are working. Could the window motor be dead or something else i should look at ??? Any help would be great as we dont want to park it at shopping centres and stuff with the window half way down.
:(

The Lion Tamer

Post subject: Re: Territory Drives side window not going up or down.
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ScottFiske wrote:
Hi guys, my wife has a territory and the window is halfway down (she put it down) now it wont go up or down anymore. All other windows work fine of the drivers control but the drivers window, i pulled the switch out and pulled it apart, tested with the multimeter and the contacts are working. Could the window motor be dead or something else i should look at ??? Any help would be great as we don't want to park it at shopping centres and stuff with the window half way down.
:(

In Territory's they have a dual problem with windows not working. It can be either the Widow Motor part number SX A232D00 A $217.00, Regulator SX A23200 A $204.00, 2 clips that break often
SX A232S10 ASF10, SX A232S11 ASF10 $20.00 each.
It could also BE the switch part number SY 14A132D $190.00

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

popa Smurf. why do you always have the answer..
tell you what son, can i take it to you ?? ;-)
would rather you get the cash then anyone else.
I pulled the door switch from another territory (friends) and popped it in and tested defiantly not the door switch (window switch)

The Lion Tamer

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The Regulators HAVE been a problem and those bloody clips are a pain. We have done so many of them at work. The clips are a silly design and they have bits that snap off and leave you with a window that refuses to move. Can you move the glass by hand? I am guessing that you hear no motor whir when you try to operate the switch? Could be the motor? not likely but could be, more like the Regulator is dead, if you need one I may be able to make it worthwhile for you to buy from us and send to you.

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

no sound from the window motor at all.
i put the multimeter on the window motor terminals and hit the switch, voltage is getting to it but nothing happening. I can move the window up and down by hand bout 3cm and thats it. the clips look ok, i changed them about 6 months ago

The Lion Tamer

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hi papa smurf, I'm only new to here. I'm hoping you are still about and using this. If you are could you please reply to me ( you seem to know what your talking about and possibly have access to parts??) it would be greatly appreciated if you could make contact with me. Thanks.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford Territory and Falcon RTV

NSW, Australia

That's a bit of a long shot given that was posted about 5 1/2 years ago so let me help.

New clips are available across any Ford parts counter for about $25 last time I needed any. Also try eBay or gumtree.

All you need to know to fix this yourself is here; http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbportal/v ... icleid=536

Cheers, Raptor

Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Territory

VIC, Australia

Hi Raptor. Hopefully you are still around. I have a Territory (2011??) which has both ft window motors not working. This must be a known problem because I can't even find them at a wrecker. They all tell me they'd be happy for me to go on the bottom of their 'waiting list' for these parts. Is this correct? If so, do you have any suggestions, etc as to how I can get these replaced? Would it be worth trying to get an auto sparky to try to repair them?
Toma.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:59 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

TomaHawk wrote:
Hi Raptor. Hopefully you are still around. I have a Territory (2011??) which has both ft window motors not working. This must be a known problem because I can't even find them at a wrecker. They all tell me they'd be happy for me to go on the bottom of their 'waiting list' for these parts. Is this correct? If so, do you have any suggestions, etc as to how I can get these replaced? Would it be worth trying to get an auto sparky to try to repair them?
Toma.

so both windows don't work from the master switch? .. have you checked that there is power going to switch? checked fuses? ... i know with my AU2 when they play up .. it's just dirty switch contacts. i've just pulled em apart & cleaned em.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford Territory and Falcon RTV

NSW, Australia

Yeah I'm still here on and off :lol:

As above check the switch first. Pull them apart and clean the contacts.
Once again look at this forum instead; http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbportal/v ... icleid=729

I've had my Territory since new in 2004, so coming up 12 years.

I've had numerous clips break. Had to clean the switch contacts once or twice and one rear door needed the whole window actuator/motor mechanism replaced. I found mine on eBay by someone who was wrecking there's.

Otherwise the windows have been great :D

Just don't get me started on suspension/diff bushes :twisted:

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Territory

SA, Australia

My 2012 Territory SZ has stripped the gear on the window motor. The regulator, switch and everything else is fine. I have tried to source a new motor, only to be told they are on a 3 month back-order. I live in Adelaide. What I'd really like is to source a repair kit and just replace the damaged gear (and maybe the housing, as it doesn't like the gear and housing will separate easily. Has anyone on these forums done this kind of repair or knows how to source one? I've looked at Ebay as well, but have found too many discrepancies and people advertising parts they don't have in stock.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]