Universal electric windows in XH ute 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Universal electric windows in XH ute
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: XH Ute

QLD, Australia

Still a relative noob, so I posted this in the Xseries section bebore I noticed this one.

ford-x-series-f29/universal-electric-windows-into-xh-ute-t123238.html

Nothing new in putting power windows in, but I'm lashing up my own auto-close-on-lock run from my central locking (also a universal item).

Anyone care to take a look at my proposed wiring and give a critique. The central locking provides a 30 second ground pulse on locking the doors.

Here are the diagrams to avoid following the link, although I've got my theorising on the overrun circuit in the linked thread.

The auto closer

Window overrun pretection

Post subject: Re: Universal electric windows in XH ute
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hi,

There are some links here somewhere for info, Jaycar sell a set which will close the windows and stop when they are closed. It works by seeing the current go up after the window closes. ( After you set it up ) You can buy it ready to go, and I am sure you can get the same thing on Ebay for a fraction of the price.

Regards 96ELGli

Regards 96ELGli

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:28 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Cheers mate,

I saw that there were some units that would do it, but the ones I looked at initially didn't make it clear that there was an overrun protection and I didn't think they would.

Now I realise that they do have the protection I'm looking for, but it's too late now, I've got all the bit's and pieces, so I'm determined to do it myself (stubborn and stupid, I know :!: )

By the looks of the ebay items it would have cost a fraction of the price of the relays alone, bugger!

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:56 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Managed to get the time to put together the relays and the overrun switches.

Apologies for the poor photo's my phone struggled to figure out what to focus on and it was dark so I was guessing what was in the viewfinder.

Here's the block of relays, I mounted them on a piece of old plastic I had laying around

Here's the wiring spaghetti underneath

And here it is mounted under the centre console, utilising two conveniently placed mounts

The door switches were a b**ch to figure at 1st, but fell into place quite simply eventually.

Here's the location of the cut off switch, it's actuated by the mechanism in the door, the copper coloured part to the top of the picture

Here's a video, you'll need to stand on your head to understand it, I couldn't figure how to spin the video round :roll: Click on the pic to play it

The relay block let me down unfortunately, I had allowed one of the diodes to touch one of the other terminals and caused a short, which I've now fixed.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]