Fordmods Logo

Very very VERY slow power windows. BA 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Very very VERY slow power windows. BA
Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA BOSS 260

TAS, Australia

Hi guys, i'm new to this site as I have just recently bought my self a BA XR8 sedan. the rear windows work fine, but the front windows especially passenger side are extremely slow, to the point that my passenger has to grab it and help it go up and sometimes help it go down. the drivers side isnt as bad but when the glass is wet and i click the auto down button it gets about 3/4 down and cuts out because of the ammount of strain on it. This is quiet annoying especially being in Tas were it can go from sunny to a s**t storm in literally seconds. Has anyone fixed this or know how to fix this?

2004 BA XR8 BOSS 260. Manual. CAI, Full Exhaust & Extractors, GTP body kit. Smoked HID head lights & Smoked LED tail lights, black w/blue pearl. Factory leather interior. Mark Winterbottom signature to dash. Plus more on the way. And its a daily.

Post subject: Re: Very very VERY slow power windows. BA
Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hello,

I would expect you have 2 problems. The window channel needs some lube, and the switch contacts are dirty. Silicon spray will help make the window slide more easily, and the switch will need to be replaced or cleaned. As the window comes up, push it toward the back of the car. ( the Top ) As it rubs in the channel, it tries to twist and not go straight up. If when you push it and it speeds up, it will confirm you need to lube it.

My car is an EL, and I have had similar issues with it. There could be other things in your model, but try the Lube thing first.

Regards 96ELGli

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

motors becoming weak- voltage drop -poor connections -all can cause symptoms as can distorted door frame -
for the moment at least purchase silicon spray from parts store or hardware in pressure pack can and lubricate in window tracks where glass runs (both ends)liberally and run glass up and down preferably with engine running and see how you go -

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA BOSS 260

TAS, Australia

Ok ill buy some lubricant spray and give that a shot if it doesn't work ill just get my mate (auto elec) to do some tests and see what he comes with it, never thought of the lubricant spray. Cheers guys.

2004 BA XR8 BOSS 260. Manual. CAI, Full Exhaust & Extractors, GTP body kit. Smoked HID head lights & Smoked LED tail lights, black w/blue pearl. Factory leather interior. Mark Winterbottom signature to dash. Plus more on the way. And its a daily.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]