where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF 

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
yea may do that as it was a mission to take TFI off too as we did'nt have a socket to reach in to mounting screws and ended up having to take diddy out and then the fuel return line broke as it was so brittle and THAT was a real mission , just another thing to test my patiance so yea moving TFI to a more accessable spot makes sense ! :-)

you had a tuff time with the dizzy,and changed a lot of parts,did you put the cover on over the engine? DONT-its a BBQ PLATE FOR THE MOTOR,holds the heat in,it looks nice but cooks all the bits under it.have a look in the v8 forum.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF Falcon 5lt

WA, Australia

That was taken off years ago for that very reason as the falcons run warm enough anyway . At least its done , or at least the worst is done the rest is easy eg brake pads and drive belt and coolant bottle sensor they should all be a walk in the park after that other stuff and my poor delicate female hands need a break as they are looking more like dirty mechanic hands at the moment LOL with the usual scraped knuckles LOL

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
That was taken off years ago for that very reason as the falcons run warm enough anyway . At least its done , or at least the worst is done the rest is easy eg brake pads and drive belt and coolant bottle sensor they should all be a walk in the park after that other stuff and my poor delicate female hands need a break as they are looking more like dirty mechanic hands at the moment LOL with the usual scraped knuckles LOL

get a pair of mechanics gloves

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

hmmm maybe , do they have open fingertips ? as i still like to feel what i'm doing :-)

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
hmmm maybe , do they have open fingertips ? as i still like to feel what i'm doing :-)

wool glove with rubber coating and a dimple grip texture,to grab and hold things with.no fingertip hole=clean nails and less cuts.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

sounds good might have to get a pair so my hands can maintain some kind of lady like look about them LOL thanks again for all your tips :-)

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

OK NOT FIXED !!! feels like leads are on wrong . do you know what the firing order for a HO (sprint) V8 185kw engine my manual only has the standard firing order and they are different apparently HELP would be appreciated if you can :-)

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
OK NOT FIXED !!! feels like leads are on wrong . do you know what the firing order for a HO (sprint) V8 185kw engine my manual only has the standard firing order and they are different apparently HELP would be appreciated if you can :-)

the firing order is on the intake manifold,no1 is at the back of the cap on mine,there is a mark,rotor rotation is anti clockwise.did it run after the tfi change?you said it ran on sunday?

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

OK anti clockwise Hmmm try again , and yes did have running and it felt ok but when it comes to starting the firing is really off and it turns over for ages before it clunks like timing is out , have set timing to 5deg advanced , are no 2& 3 swapped over for sprint motor as i have heard they are different to standard 167kw engine and mine is 185kw ??

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
OK anti clockwise Hmmm try again , and yes did have running and it felt ok but when it comes to starting the firing is really off and it turns over for ages before it clunks like timing is out , have set timing to 5deg advanced , are no 2& 3 swapped over for sprint motor as i have heard they are different to standard 167kw engine and mine is 185kw ??

ef chaser like mine are 165,ford number cylinders 1234 left bank 5678 right bank,gm is different again,how did you do the timming?you have to short the ecu and go into diag. mode and the engine revs at about 1500 rpm,the timing marks line up and set to 30-32 deg.,you about 2 minutes.pull the short lead out and restart,done,the ecu takes over.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

How do i short the ECU where will i find that ? i just did timing the usual way with timing light hooked to no 1 lead and shone torch on to timing mark ....man i am learning some stuff with this engine :-) i am more in touch with older engines !

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
How do i short the ECU where will i find that ? i just did timing the usual way with timing light hooked to no 1 lead and shone torch on to timing mark ....man i am learning some stuff with this engine :-) i am more in touch with older engines !

they are so easy its basic.firing order if its the same on the intake manifold passenger side on the casting-remove the fuse cover inside the car,rh side above the bonnet pull,white diagnostic plug,short the left side #1 and the one below it,that puts you in.i had a sparky make me a jumper cabe as the pins are small.did you down load the pdf. manual?

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Ok and then what ? when you say "short" what do you mean ? how ? (i am a blonde) and new to this computor stuff ;-) and no between the slow PDF and my slow computor i have'nt downloaded yet can you explain what i do ? i know where the fuse box is and the pins you speak of what next ? and in language for "dummy" please :-)

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

read this one the 6 and 8 are the same-http://www.fordmods.com/ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/setting-up-el-timing-t104719.html?hilit=diagnostic plug,has a nice photo of the plug.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

OK Ta will have a look after i've made dinner and see what i can make of it , thanks heaps eh :-) wish you could just come to Perth and do it for me that would be soooo much easier ;-) this is really testing my brain and my patiance whew !

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next