where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF 

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
OK Ta will have a look after i've made dinner and see what i can make of it , thanks heaps eh :-) wish you could just come to Perth and do it for me that would be soooo much easier ;-) this is really testing my brain and my patiance whew !

i had the same learning curve coming out of a eh,hq,everything 80s up has computers,my vn,vr,ef xr8,ef ltd v8,all a pain, as ford and gm are slightly different.just thinking the way you timmed it,it will flood.you will have to remove the dizzy cap,use a 24mm socket-i think,on the balancer bolt\inside and a breaker bar to turn the motor until the rotor button points to #1 plug lead,the balaner timing marks will be about 30 deg off the mark,thats close to start it,then go into diag.mode with the timming light.you may have put the dizzy in 1 tooth out as they rotate going in and below the gear is a hexagonal shaft that drives the oil pump.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

1 part i recommend to change is the heater tap,on the fire wall passenger side,4 hoses go into a plastic valve,the plastic ends break off,i and some mates couldntdo a road side repair on the hoses.it needs a new one.cooked that motor, so i carry a spare.ford $86 or so,gm v8 $26 or so,same except the vaccum hose fitting opposite,it fits,i use them.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF Falcon 5lt

WA, Australia

now i am getting REALLY PEEVED !!! done to date petrol pump, plugs & leads, airflow meter,ig mod, dissy cap and rotor, and just changed dissy as it looked like magnetic ( can't remember name ) thing like crank sensor, and was pedantic about putting back same as old one , left dissy loose so i could advance or retard in increments with no result. A very knowledgeable friend went through codes and heaps came up to begin with so after he cleaned inside dissy we disconected battery to reset computor and it came back with no codes. Still won't fire but turns over, getting fuel but rratic or no spark . Friend is gunna tow to his place and check wiring and coil and i am conseding defeat grrrrrr thats worse than skinned knuckles and dirty nails hahahaha

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
now i am getting REALLY PEEVED !!! done to date petrol pump, plugs & leads, airflow meter,ig mod, dissy cap and rotor, and just changed dissy as it looked like magnetic ( can't remember name ) thing like crank sensor, and was pedantic about putting back same as old one , left dissy loose so i could advance or retard in increments with no result. A very knowledgeable friend went through codes and heaps came up to begin with so after he cleaned inside dissy we disconected battery to reset computor and it came back with no codes. Still won't fire but turns over, getting fuel but rratic or no spark . Friend is gunna tow to his place and check wiring and coil and i am conseding defeat grrrrrr thats worse than skinned knuckles and dirty nails hahahaha

stubborn ha,the timming is still out and the motors flooded,so even harder to start.did you read all the posts,you have to re think it as the motors different.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:49 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

yes read them all and it even has this friend stumped and he is really clever with these kinds of engines , it pointing now to dodgy wiring somewhere or coil and knowing the way things have been its going to be a 5 cent bloody fix ! ooops sorry i swore :-( will keep you posted if you don't hear about the crazy Ford lady on the news .

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
yes read them all and it even has this friend stumped and he is really clever with these kinds of engines , it pointing now to dodgy wiring somewhere or coil and knowing the way things have been its going to be a 5 cent bloody fix ! ooops sorry i swore :-( will keep you posted if you don't hear about the crazy Ford lady on the news .

it may be when the dizzy was replaced,1 tooth out.i had mine in and out 6 or more times,it slides in easy,but on the wrong one.it ran before so parts are ok,timing.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

I have officially off loaded it on to someone who knows a lot more than me :-) and you could be right we will see , if anyone can get to the bottom of it Trevor can :-) and when he does you will be the first after me and Hubby to find out what it was :-) It has been towed around to Trevs place so i don't have to think about it for now ! Yaaa Hooooo :-D

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:08 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Hi Hans, The saga continues , the car came back running but would'nt idle , called a Ford mech out to look and left the car untouched for 2 days , before he got here i wanted to move the car and guess what it started and ran on petrol just fine , he got here and it was hardly playing up except for losing spark a couple of times but not enough to stall,he changed coil and it was perfect so changed back to old one, still did'nt miss a beat grrr took it for a drive on petrol still great ! i went for a drive later STILL fine he had only wiggled some wires to try and cause fault still nothing ! so i will drive it to work still not knowing what it was or if its fixed and hope it does'nt let me down as the weather is awful today . go figure ! i still reckon its a dodgy wire somewhere but where i have'nt a clue ! and if it does'nt play up for the mech he has no clue either ! just like taking a sick kid to the docs and they act fine but you know their sick . just thought i would let you know where it is at :-)

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

glad you got it going,the pain is not knowing what it was,this time.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

and not knowing if it IS fixed and will it let me down somewhere sometime ??? that is the worst of it !

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3