Fordmods Logo

where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF 

 

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 54

Posts: 28

Joined: 18th May 2012

Ride: EF Falcon 5lt

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

can anybody tell me where to find the crank angle sensor on a 5 litre ef falcon its not in the dissy or on the front of engine under HB ???? has got me STUMPED ! have got the part but don't know where to put it ??? HELP
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
can anybody tell me where to find the crank angle sensor on a 5 litre ef falcon its not in the dissy or on the front of engine under HB ???? has got me STUMPED ! have got the part but don't know where to put it ??? HELP

there is none,drives of the dizzy----put the part in the spare 6 cyl bin.FIXED

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:58 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 54

Posts: 28

Joined: 18th May 2012

Ride: EF Falcon 5lt

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

thanks ! are you sure as all the symtems point that way and i just spent $135 on the part :-( what else can cause the same symtems ? i have changed fuel pump, dissy cap and rotor, airflow meter, new plugs and leads and coil. problem has been gradual now it wont run at all on petrol and unfortunately starts on petrol (on dual fuel) cranks over fine but won't fire ! its drivimg me nuts !! it is a 5 litre not a six , apparently the same as aXH .
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
thanks ! are you sure as all the symtems point that way and i just spent $135 on the part :-( what else can cause the same symtems ? i have changed fuel pump, dissy cap and rotor, airflow meter, new plugs and leads and coil. problem has been gradual now it wont run at all on petrol and unfortunately starts on petrol (on dual fuel) cranks over fine but won't fire ! its drivimg me nuts !!

had a similar thing,tfi module on the side of the dizzy,they heat soak and die.the coil,ecu and pip\dizzy signal all go thru it.i moved mine to the side of the coil and p\s gap on a thick aluminum bracket and run cables to the dizzy with a cover over the wires.6 and 8 tfi are the same and use the heat sink paste.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 54

Posts: 28

Joined: 18th May 2012

Ride: EF Falcon 5lt

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

OK thanks will take crank sensor back and exchange for TFI , any idea what they are worth ? ...This has been a mission getting to the bottom of ! but a great learning curve too :-)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
OK thanks will take crank sensor back and exchange for TFI , any idea what they are worth ? ...This has been a mission getting to the bottom of ! but a great learning curve too :-)

depends-60-80 bucks,depends on the shop,they vary to much. do a search-type in,tfi module and have a read at other problems with the tfi.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 54

Posts: 28

Joined: 18th May 2012

Ride: EF Falcon 5lt

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Yep just did that and it kinda all fits :-) hopefully Ford is open tomorrow and i can do an exchange and fingers crossed get back on the road ! getting a tad tired of driving the manual 202 HQ wagon although grateful to have a spare car i do prefer my lazy auto falcon and it had a litlle bit more power too ;-)
Thanks for all your help will let you know how i got on :-)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
Yep just did that and it kinda all fits :-) hopefully Ford is open tomorrow and i can do an exchange and fingers crossed get back on the road ! getting a tad tired of driving the manual 202 HQ wagon although grateful to have a spare car i do prefer my lazy auto falcon and it had a litlle bit more power too ;-)
Thanks for all your help will let you know how i got on :-)

try this,ef-ef manual in pdf format-https://rapidshare.com/files/1437078400 ... MANUAL.pdf,you drive the 202,i tossed it out 30 years ago and put a 186\192 with half race cam,engine #1-8,3 on tree and as fast as a vp como.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:05 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 54

Posts: 28

Joined: 18th May 2012

Ride: EF Falcon 5lt

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

we have'nt had the wagon long and basically ony brought it because we couldn't find a panel van and wanted a nobile bedroom :-) we will be doing an engine upgrade at some stage but she goes ok for now and we have other projects that have priority eg my HQ 4dr manaro, hubbies VB commodore is waiting on a new paintjob and the recently rebuilt 308 HQ ute had a bit of a scraoeso needs a respray so the wagon has to stand in line for now :-) i will just be happy if i can get my falcon running again :-)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
we have'nt had the wagon long and basically ony brought it because we couldn't find a panel van and wanted a nobile bedroom :-) we will be doing an engine upgrade at some stage but she goes ok for now and we have other projects that have priority eg my HQ 4dr manaro, hubbies VB commodore is waiting on a new paintjob and the recently rebuilt 308 HQ ute had a bit of a scraoeso needs a respray so the wagon has to stand in line for now :-) i will just be happy if i can get my falcon running again :-)

that manual down load is very slow

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 54

Posts: 28

Joined: 18th May 2012

Ride: EF Falcon 5lt

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Thanks for the tip ! it was the TFI and all good except i now have a split in the top radiator hose grrrr have to wait till Ford opens on Monday as can only get from Ford , but at least i know its fixed and its only a couple of days till i can drive it :-)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2448

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

That top radiator hose - is it split, or is it leaking from the small bleed pipe?

Supercheap sell a thermoswitch/thermostat adapter. Get that, and use a right angle barbed fitting to repair your exisitng one if your desperate... for $nottomuch

Ebay Ive seen the top hose for $85 in the past few weeks.

ford will cost you...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 54

Posts: 28

Joined: 18th May 2012

Ride: EF Falcon 5lt

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Its actually split near the topmost clamp but a clients hubby thats a mechanic has offered to get me one at trade price so hopefully won't be too bad and i've had the car off the rd for a month now so a couple more days won't hurt :-)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
Thanks for the tip ! it was the TFI and all good except i now have a split in the top radiator hose grrrr have to wait till Ford opens on Monday as can only get from Ford , but at least i know its fixed and its only a couple of days till i can drive it :-)

HAPPY YOU GOT A WINNER,now move that tfi to a colder spot,saves pulling the dizzy out.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 54

Posts: 28

Joined: 18th May 2012

Ride: EF Falcon 5lt

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

yea may do that as it was a mission to take TFI off too as we did'nt have a socket to reach in to mounting screws and ended up having to take diddy out and then the fuel return line broke as it was so brittle and THAT was a real mission , just another thing to test my patiance so yea moving TFI to a more accessable spot makes sense ! :-)
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:37 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names