Fordmods Logo

where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF 

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF Falcon 5lt

WA, Australia

can anybody tell me where to find the crank angle sensor on a 5 litre ef falcon its not in the dissy or on the front of engine under HB ???? has got me STUMPED ! have got the part but don't know where to put it ??? HELP

Post subject: Re: where is crank angle sensor on 5 litre EF
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
can anybody tell me where to find the crank angle sensor on a 5 litre ef falcon its not in the dissy or on the front of engine under HB ???? has got me STUMPED ! have got the part but don't know where to put it ??? HELP

there is none,drives of the dizzy----put the part in the spare 6 cyl bin.FIXED

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:58 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

thanks ! are you sure as all the symtems point that way and i just spent $135 on the part :-( what else can cause the same symtems ? i have changed fuel pump, dissy cap and rotor, airflow meter, new plugs and leads and coil. problem has been gradual now it wont run at all on petrol and unfortunately starts on petrol (on dual fuel) cranks over fine but won't fire ! its drivimg me nuts !! it is a 5 litre not a six , apparently the same as aXH .

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
thanks ! are you sure as all the symtems point that way and i just spent $135 on the part :-( what else can cause the same symtems ? i have changed fuel pump, dissy cap and rotor, airflow meter, new plugs and leads and coil. problem has been gradual now it wont run at all on petrol and unfortunately starts on petrol (on dual fuel) cranks over fine but won't fire ! its drivimg me nuts !!

had a similar thing,tfi module on the side of the dizzy,they heat soak and die.the coil,ecu and pip\dizzy signal all go thru it.i moved mine to the side of the coil and p\s gap on a thick aluminum bracket and run cables to the dizzy with a cover over the wires.6 and 8 tfi are the same and use the heat sink paste.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

OK thanks will take crank sensor back and exchange for TFI , any idea what they are worth ? ...This has been a mission getting to the bottom of ! but a great learning curve too :-)

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
OK thanks will take crank sensor back and exchange for TFI , any idea what they are worth ? ...This has been a mission getting to the bottom of ! but a great learning curve too :-)

depends-60-80 bucks,depends on the shop,they vary to much. do a search-type in,tfi module and have a read at other problems with the tfi.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Yep just did that and it kinda all fits :-) hopefully Ford is open tomorrow and i can do an exchange and fingers crossed get back on the road ! getting a tad tired of driving the manual 202 HQ wagon although grateful to have a spare car i do prefer my lazy auto falcon and it had a litlle bit more power too ;-)
Thanks for all your help will let you know how i got on :-)

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
Yep just did that and it kinda all fits :-) hopefully Ford is open tomorrow and i can do an exchange and fingers crossed get back on the road ! getting a tad tired of driving the manual 202 HQ wagon although grateful to have a spare car i do prefer my lazy auto falcon and it had a litlle bit more power too ;-)
Thanks for all your help will let you know how i got on :-)

try this,ef-ef manual in pdf format-https://rapidshare.com/files/1437078400 ... MANUAL.pdf,you drive the 202,i tossed it out 30 years ago and put a 186\192 with half race cam,engine #1-8,3 on tree and as fast as a vp como.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:05 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

we have'nt had the wagon long and basically ony brought it because we couldn't find a panel van and wanted a nobile bedroom :-) we will be doing an engine upgrade at some stage but she goes ok for now and we have other projects that have priority eg my HQ 4dr manaro, hubbies VB commodore is waiting on a new paintjob and the recently rebuilt 308 HQ ute had a bit of a scraoeso needs a respray so the wagon has to stand in line for now :-) i will just be happy if i can get my falcon running again :-)

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
we have'nt had the wagon long and basically ony brought it because we couldn't find a panel van and wanted a nobile bedroom :-) we will be doing an engine upgrade at some stage but she goes ok for now and we have other projects that have priority eg my HQ 4dr manaro, hubbies VB commodore is waiting on a new paintjob and the recently rebuilt 308 HQ ute had a bit of a scraoeso needs a respray so the wagon has to stand in line for now :-) i will just be happy if i can get my falcon running again :-)

that manual down load is very slow

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Thanks for the tip ! it was the TFI and all good except i now have a split in the top radiator hose grrrr have to wait till Ford opens on Monday as can only get from Ford , but at least i know its fixed and its only a couple of days till i can drive it :-)

Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

That top radiator hose - is it split, or is it leaking from the small bleed pipe?

Supercheap sell a thermoswitch/thermostat adapter. Get that, and use a right angle barbed fitting to repair your exisitng one if your desperate... for $nottomuch

Ebay Ive seen the top hose for $85 in the past few weeks.

ford will cost you...

Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Its actually split near the topmost clamp but a clients hubby thats a mechanic has offered to get me one at trade price so hopefully won't be too bad and i've had the car off the rd for a month now so a couple more days won't hurt :-)

Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

policepackfalcon wrote:
Thanks for the tip ! it was the TFI and all good except i now have a split in the top radiator hose grrrr have to wait till Ford opens on Monday as can only get from Ford , but at least i know its fixed and its only a couple of days till i can drive it :-)

HAPPY YOU GOT A WINNER,now move that tfi to a colder spot,saves pulling the dizzy out.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

yea may do that as it was a mission to take TFI off too as we did'nt have a socket to reach in to mounting screws and ended up having to take diddy out and then the fuel return line broke as it was so brittle and THAT was a real mission , just another thing to test my patiance so yea moving TFI to a more accessable spot makes sense ! :-)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next