Fordmods Logo

Where the hell is the speed sensor wire BF XR6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Where the hell is the speed sensor wire BF XR6
Posted: Sun May 15, 2022 1:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 04 BF XR6

QLD, Australia

Hi all. I’ve just installed a Pioneer Apple CarPlay in my sons BF XR6 with one of those Aerpro fascia kits. All seems to be working except for a common error which keeps coming up on the pioneer screen as. Please attach sensor wire. I would if I knew where it was hidden. The harness adapter kit that came with the Aerpro and pioneer don’t seem to cancel this error out. I have updated the firmware from Pioneer hoping it would clear it but sweet FA. I have searched google for a wiring diagram for this mystery wire but once again a dead end. I thought it was in a wiring block in the left hand side passenger kick plate marked black with a white strip but when I put a test lamp on it and go for a short drive the test lamp does not pulse. Is there something I’m missing or is it another colour. It annoys me every time I drive it and it comes up every kilometre or so. Error please connect speed sensor wire. Please help a desperate dad trying to solve a problem for his son.
Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Where the hell is the speed sensor wire BF XR6
Posted: Sun May 15, 2022 5:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Jon66 wrote:
Hi all. I’ve just installed a Pioneer Apple CarPlay in my sons BF XR6 with one of those Aerpro fascia kits. All seems to be working except for a common error which keeps coming up on the pioneer screen as. Please attach sensor wire. I would if I knew where it was hidden. The harness adapter kit that came with the Aerpro and pioneer don’t seem to cancel this error out. I have updated the firmware from Pioneer hoping it would clear it but sweet FA. I have searched google for a wiring diagram for this mystery wire but once again a dead end. I thought it was in a wiring block in the left hand side passenger kick plate marked black with a white strip but when I put a test lamp on it and go for a short drive the test lamp does not pulse. Is there something I’m missing or is it another colour. It annoys me every time I drive it and it comes up every kilometre or so. Error please connect speed sensor wire. Please help a desperate dad trying to solve a problem for his son.
Cheers.

ahhh ok ........ the BA and later [except some utes etc] used a sensor on the rear axles/wheels to determine speed which then goes on the CAN loop & ending up at the cluster. only part i can answer [hopefully correctly] is - Right Rear sensor uses red for pulse/power [?] & Violet-Black for ground & the Left Rear sensor uses Green-Red for pulse/power [?] & Green-Black for ground ?. and that's reading the wiring diaghram hopefully correctly.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]