Fordmods Logo

Which ISO harness will fit my stereo cable head? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Which ISO harness will fit my stereo cable head?
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU Falcon XR6 VCT

NSW, Australia

Hi all.

Got a bit of a problem which is doing my head in at the moment, with putting in an aftermarket stereo in my 1999 AU Falcon XR6. I went and picked up a Sony CDX-GT270S CD/MP3 player, and Ford AU ISO harness off ebay which was said to fit Falcons with no trouble at all, yet the damn stereo cable is too small to fit in the socket.

Here's what it looks like if anybody knows the exact sort of cable head fitting it is:

Attachment:
File comment: Cable head 1
1063.jpg
1063.jpg [ 147.77 KiB | Viewed 278 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Cable head 2
1064.jpg
1064.jpg [ 156.69 KiB | Viewed 290 times ]

And here's the standard ISO harness, which it is too big for it:

Attachment:
File comment: ISO harness
1065.jpg
1065.jpg [ 50.8 KiB | Viewed 268 times ]

Basically - if anyone has knowledge of the exact type of smaller ISO harness I'd need to be able to clip that stereo plug into, it would be a HUGE help for getting the radio up and running. I don't personally know if the cable was swapped over from a factory, as I bought the car second-hand from one previous owner, or if it's just the standard on AU XR6s. When I got the car itself, the cable was plugged into a crappy, old JVC CD player, which wasn't even working - so yeah.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Which ISO harness will fit my stereo cable head?
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

did you try and plug the ebay cable in ?

when i re did my head unit i went to auto one and order a au to something plug and then the something plug to the brand of the headunit sure there is a bit of slack in the cable but means no soldered or crimps at the back and everything just works

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU Falcon XR6 VCT

NSW, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
did you try and plug the ebay cable in ?

when i re did my head unit i went to auto one and order a au to something plug and then the something plug to the brand of the headunit sure there is a bit of slack in the cable but means no soldered or crimps at the back and everything just works

Yeah mate, I tried plugging the cable into the Falcon to ISO harness from the middle where the clip fits in, but it didn't go in sadly. I pushed it a little on the back without too much force, to see if it just needed a little pressure to get in, but it doesn't fit.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ba wagon

VIC, Australia

Hi. That is the plug for the JVC unit, iu will be soldered to the factory wires in place of the ford plug. Your three choices are to cut it off and solder the plug that comes with your new head unit or cut it off and solder on a pair of standard din plugs so that you can then plug on any din to radio harness or cut it off and solder on a repair harness which will put the car back to standard to which you can plug on a ford AU to din harness followed by a din to stereo harness. Cheers MD

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]