XR6 computer questions... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: XR6 computer questions...
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:36 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon AU S1

QLD, Australia

Hey everyone.

I'm in the process of bearing my falcon up a little.
Wondering if an XR6 computer would be a plug and play with a factory base model series 1?

Stupid question I know but I'm learning slowly haha.

Jester's Car Audio Townsville
"Let the Jester Entertain You!"

Post subject: Re: XR6 computer questions...
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

No reason why not? You mean the high series BEM?

As far as the ECU, I am not so sure.

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Nah the left kick panel computer. I changed it over today is running a bit rough but I assume it settles in after a while?

Only problem I am having is no my ECON button doesn't work and I can't get ECON mode off. The button works but its just not registering on the cluster. When turning the key on the cluster flashes ECON twice. Seems to be now stuck in ECON mode whilst driving.

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Tickford88 wrote:
Nah the left kick panel computer. I changed it over today is running a bit rough but I assume it settles in after a while?

Only problem I am having is no my ECON button doesn't work and I can't get ECON mode off. The button works but its just not registering on the cluster. When turning the key on the cluster flashes ECON twice. Seems to be now stuck in ECON mode whilst driving.

That could be the fact that XR's have adaptive shift. Maybe disconnect the switch in the console?

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

That was my first thought too. Switch is disconnected. Thinking about swapping the old comouter over and seeing if it works.

Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:46 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 04 ba wagon

NSW, Australia

My misses has an ef falcon which I put an ef xr6 ecu into it and all works as it should with the economy and now it has better throttle response and holds the gears longer almost like the Econ switch is off yet its on and when its off it revs out higher and holds the gears even longer. Has pretty good gear changes for the higher rpm as well.

So over all I'm happy and so is the misses with the power difference and with the new 2nd hand extractors going on soon it will be very satisfying for her needs plus give her a bit more of a note (which she's been hounding me for lol)

..wagonstyle..
04 ba wagon, manual conversion, pacemaker extractors, custom exhaust, m86lsd, full electric window conversion, dual zone icc, gt front end with body kit getting made

Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:34 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

wagonstyle wrote:
My misses has an ef falcon which I put an ef xr6 ecu into it and all works as it should with the economy and now it has better throttle response and holds the gears longer almost like the Econ switch is off yet its on and when its off it revs out higher and holds the gears even longer. Has pretty good gear changes for the higher rpm as well.

So over all I'm happy and so is the misses with the power difference and with the new 2nd hand extractors going on soon it will be very satisfying for her needs plus give her a bit more of a note (which she's been hounding me for lol)

That is because the shift points for the auto are set for 3.45 diff, you wifes car probably has a 3.08 diff. Without the head, fuel reg and diff the XR ECU is not doing nuch at all.

Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

I have the Ph 4480 extractors on mandrel bent xforce 2.5 performance system, LSD, ba falcon intake, k&n panel filter and elec shift kit.
All of the above have slightly improved the performance but looking for something better. The computer seems to be overfueling and just erratic it's a series 1 computer in a series 1 at the moment changing it over to the series 2 and see if that's better.

Harnesses are too different for the computer to work properly I think.. Econ is up next to steering wheel in the car it came out of. Where as mine is on the console.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]