Fordmods Logo

1999 AU -> OBDII compliant? 

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: FGX xr6

VIC, Australia

That would be great if you could do that. Let us know when it happens.

As for my scanner I had to use it today on my 2001 Rodeo V6. This is the second time in 3 weeks that it wont start. It cranks over but nothing else. I connected up the code reader and got code 1626 which is 'B(+) supply to Variable Load Control Module Air Condition Circuit Malfunction'.

Now this sounds like an ISC but I'm not sure. Both times it has started after 10 minutes so I don't really care especially since it's my work car and I leaving work next month. I'll let somebody else worry about it.

-Dave

If you can't do the speed limit, get the F*ck out of the right lane!

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

VIC, Australia

Nanger wrote:
..The other thing I don't understand is if OBD II is supposed to be a standard why is there a few different protocols? Sort of defeats the purpose.

ODB-II was a mandated minimum standard initially pushed onto US car manufactures and car importers by the US state of california primarily for polution reaons.
Car makers did not and do not want any generic diagnostics tool or open protocols. They live by propritery systems and fight tooth and nail to keep them.
It's then no surprise that as the standard allows for variations to exist, they do exist and as a result we have 4 protocols as well as manufacturer specific extensions being used within ODB-II vehicles.
It's just a typical world of legislative compromises.

What i find anoying is when a manufacturer can use ODB complient systems in their export vehicles (=monaro) and sell a propritery system to the locals in auz (and wors still, sell it for a higher price).

What can you do :?

Cheers.

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

The AU falcon OBD-II port and uses SCP (Standard Corporate Protocol) which is a part of the OBD-II standard. Most cheap scantools do not suport all the protocols of the OBD-II standard. Since SCP is a ford specific protocol many do not support it.

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon AU

QLD, Australia

has anyone been able to flash their scan tool to include SCP at all?

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

SCP is just Ford rebranding of J1850 PWM. And most scantools support that.

I had heard that the pinout of the port on the AU was unique, but I'm not sure about that.

I'd love to try an get my ELM to talk to an AU someday. I have a mate down the road withw 2 x AU2's that might be able to help (1 is a dual fuel, the other a dedicated LPG)

Lukeyson

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF Egas Tonner

NSW, Australia

If you could find the time OH GOD of the ELM I think a few of us would appreciate it. I have already tried reversing the leads on an Elm 327 for PWM with no luck so any help would be great.

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:20 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon AU

QLD, Australia

I had bought this scan tool from China. But does not recognise the AU at all. It gets power and all.

Post subject: Re: 1999 AU -> OBDII compliant?
Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

might not be the best thread, but i have an AU3 ECU in my XH with just some wiring added to the loom.
now i have the BUS -&+ wired up to the OBD connector as well as the other bits (ground 12v etc).

i have an ELM327 unit and it connects to the unit via bluetooth but has trouble accessing the ECU.
i can't figure it out for the life of me!
obviously i don't have the BCM wired up, im wondering if this may be causing a problem some how?

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:19 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Misk,

I have the Autel MD802 and it has two ways of gaining comes... One where you hit go and tries a s**t of various protocols in hope it finds one that will talk to the car and one where you go through and tell it type the of car and that and then it tries to connect knowing what it is talking to...

The first method wont connect while the second will so I am lead to believe it must be and off shoot of some normal protocol... But I can gain full information on all modules (I only have 2 anyway) and see live data coming out in close to enough to real time to keep me happy...

How's it been running?

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

its been great. no issues at all with the conversion.
i need to repin the Ecu connecter cause i broke some of the pin holders so they slip out but thats no biggy atm.

whats the unit you mentioned?
is it cheap? lol
the elm327 works on my mums car and a few other guys have them on the AU but it does go through the protocols like you mentioned in a hope of finding one.

might have to try a program that will let me specify the protocol etc.

XG Panelvan

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

just had a look. i wouldnt mind buying one of their cheaper units if i knew it would work lol
ie.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Autel-AutoLi ... 43c01fba84

XG Panelvan

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Think I ended up getting it for a touch over 300 bucks and have used it heaps since and works on everything I've tried it on...

http://www.autel.com.au/products/scan-t ... ite-md802/

As I said but the automatic protocol scan wont connect... I have to tell it is an AU falcon and then it works it out from there...

There is a few versions of it... There is 1 that does 4 modules and one that does all... So the price varies depending on that... And you need to get one that says it does AU Ford and Holden otherwise you'll be stuck...

Its been good but... Autel do a real flash one that'll do keys and all sorts too... Some people favour Autel and some Snapon from the forums I read... Snapon stuff is dear but...

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah sweet as. i might email them and ask for the cheapest that will do AU lol.

does anyone else know of any other scan tools that work on AU?
i'd really need to borrow some to see if its just my car, thats what i'm concerned about.

what would stop it from working?
it should only need to power and BUS pins yeah?

XG Panelvan

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:42 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah I emailed them and never got a reply about doing a KOER self test... Worked it out myself eventually...

They have different features and that and I spent a couple of weeks reading between them and for whatever reason chose the MD802 by the end...

I would seem so...

http://plxdevices.com/obd/
http://www.talktomycar.co.uk/FAQ.htm

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

I believe the AU uses something morelike OBD1.5
FORscan with a elm327 works on my AU. The website has some useful information to:

http://forscan.org

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next