Fordmods Logo

2002 au3 dedicated gas ute fault code help!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: 2002 au3 dedicated gas ute fault code help!!
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: au3 ute, EL/DL LTD sedan

VIC, Australia

Hi,
well my ute has had a bad day! my gas gauge told me i had over half a tank left in it and the DTE told me it had over 200ks left. while attempting to drive i put my foot on accelerator and it would slightly rev up abit then die down and refuse to speed up. i turned for home down a back road and found it continued to drop in speed and eventually could go no faster than 20ks it eventualy died completely and stalled. when i started it after stopping it would turn over and start then die almost instantly. i thought it was gas converter froze like it had no water but upon inspection found that gas converter was not frozen and i was unable to look at the water level til it cooled down (turned out it did have water). it was assumed it may have been out of gas as gauge on direct tank could not see the black needle by eye. i went back hours later and we towed to service station and filled with gas. filled as normal no worries and worked out that it had at least 15litres/ quarter of a tank! while under tow i had on accessories and watched the lights. the (smart?) shield lock (the little hand with the car in the center) while under tow flashed a code. 2 normal 3 fast. what does this mean??
its a 2002 au3 dedicated gas ute. i have googled and i seem to b seeing that the au3 codes r different from the other au models.
any 1 have prior experience/knowledge with all this?

please help
thanks
jess

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]