Fordmods Logo

2003 XR6 INJECTER PROBLEMS 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: 2003 XR6 INJECTER PROBLEMS
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:55 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003xr6

SA, Australia

Hi all I am looking to buy a 2003 XR6 From a lady that says the car belonged to her ex-husbands and the car had fuel injector problems around 2 years ago ? but it was all fixed ? but she doesn't have any receipts for the job being done ..

I was wondering if there could be problems with it in the future and what else I need to be aware of when looking at it ?

It does look very tidy inside and out from the photos But the water top up bottle for the radiator is quite brown in the pictures and Im not sure what else that could be lurking unseen in the motor ?

I am due to look at it today I would like to upgrade from my 93 NC Fairlane BUT the injector and water bottle has me spooked at the moment otherwise I would be keen to buy it .

Could someone please give me some pointers regarding my concerns ..thanks 93NC

Post subject: Re: 2003 XR6 INJECTER PROBLEMS
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

The coolant overflow being brown.
I wouldn't be hugely concerned over it as long as there are no leaks in the cooling system and the car does not run hot. Odds are the coolant hasn't been changed for a while. A full flush and clean out the overflow tank (Take it off, hot water and CLR should take the bulk of the discoloration out) should take care of that.

Injectors.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-FORD-BA-6-CYL-BOSCH-ORIGINAL-FUEL-INJECTORS-FOR-XR6-TURBO-FALCON-FAIRLANE-SAVE-/171105028467 $200 for a full set. Pretty easy to replace.

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.

Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Post subject: Re: 2003 XR6 INJECTER PROBLEMS
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003xr6

SA, Australia

Hey ....Thanks for the reply I also neglected to mention that the car is not a Turbo OOOOOP'S :oops: and has 200,870 ks on it so what kind of life span do those motor's have for them ? 400,000 od before rebuild ? i don't know . as i need to spend more time driving 3-4 hour's each way a couple of times a month to begin taking more care of my mother in her old age .

I am not in a postion to change the injectors myself , I don't have the room or the skill to do it but what sort of coin would it cost me to have it done if that need be ? cheerz ...NC93

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]