Fordmods Logo

5.0 ECU Options (manual conversion discussion) 

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:23 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

I don't know that it's just a pure datalocation offset...if that's what you're meaning? Still it's worth a try...I just wish I had the time. I still haven't finished the damn 5.0 conversion on my van!?
Are you are referring to '94-'95 stang stuff? That is certainly a different strategy or do you mean the '96-'98 truck stuff which, I'm lead to believe is Mass Air.

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

Pete, from what Ive found the GUFB strategy matches the EECV found in the EF/EL 5ltrs closest. I looked at the CBAZA but its totally different. Its not a simple as an offset change, as there is more code in our EECV's so Ive had to search through the hex looking for the parameters, some needed changing as they are referenced to clock speed ie MAF transfer, PIP period, but Ive got those couple of things sorted. Going to attempt to dissasemble the code as a cross reference tonight, but I think thats only going to confuse the matter. If all else fails, Ive still got my current def file which to date has worked when RT emulating with the Ostrich, havnt found anything that crashes the car when updated, but Ive also note tested everything too.

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Post subject: RE:v8 computer options
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hy sourbastard from what i know it will work it will just be down on power as there are atleast 3 links between the efi computer and the TCU for the auto the main one to worry about is the ect link to the TCU and the link from TCU to efi for when revrse gear is selected. If that last link is left open the efi will think the car is always in reverse and ruduce engine power and torque

Post subject: Re: RE:v8 computer options
Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

BOO wrote:
Hy sourbastard from what i know it will work it will just be down on power as there are atleast 3 links between the efi computer and the TCU for the auto the main one to worry about is the ect link to the TCU and the link from TCU to efi for when revrse gear is selected. If that last link is left open the efi will think the car is always in reverse and ruduce engine power and torque

I gather you mean transmission temp link rather than ECT. Also, I found that the EF-EL TCMs are harder to fool than the EB-ED TCMs. A lot of people complain about the thermo fans staying on, my drama was an impossible idle problem.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Post subject: Re: RE:v8 computer options
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon EF

VIC, Australia

banarcus wrote:
BOO wrote:

I gather you mean transmission temp link rather than ECT. Also, I found that the EF-EL TCMs are harder to fool than the EB-ED TCMs. A lot of people complain about the thermo fans staying on, my drama was an impossible idle problem.

Dont no wether anyone is still interested but I removed TCU ,setup manual gear selecter switch to tell ECU that it was either in gear D or Neutral N by using wiring and resisistors and had a 10 hertz square wave pulse generator made,very simple and wired it in to replace TCU signal to ECU that all is well and everything works as it should.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3