Fordmods Logo

Adding remote car start alarm to an ef???????? 

Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:35 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

Mine was $1000 including fitting.

I can have remote anything you like at the moment it's under body neons, horn, headlights, auto windows up and sun roof closed, rear defrost and engine start/stop.

That is on the factorty computer with smartlock still activatde.

Now i have an aftermarket computer it was just change a wire and it continues to work.

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:07 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

pyroay wrote:
Mine was $1000 including fitting.

I can have remote anything you like at the moment it's under body neons, horn, headlights, auto windows up and sun roof closed, rear defrost and engine start/stop.

That is on the factorty computer with smartlock still activatde.

Now i have an aftermarket computer it was just change a wire and it continues to work.

So what was done to bypass smartlock???

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:32 pm 

VIC, Australia

Not sure thats why i paid the $1,000

Pro Class
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:46 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1966 Mustang GT

ACT, Australia

Sounds fun. I got to do my alarm to i just got one! :)

Pony Power!

Ride: 1966 Ford Mustang GT

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Mustang66GT wrote:
Sounds fun. I got to do my alarm to i just got one! :)

Just perfect for hot days or freezing mornings, just remember to set the A/C or heater on before leaving the car, better still get a car with automatic climate control.

The advertisements in US audio magazines in the late 80's used to advertise remote start alarms showing snow, a car outside a window and how your car will be warm when you get in, just tells you how far Australia is behind when it comes to alarms.

You know technically a remote start alarm is illegal, you can not start and leave a cars engine running unattended, but who gives a flog, I will be doing it one day, I hate the cold!

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

Was gonna say dont forget to wire up the neutral switch so it doesn't start in gear then remembered that one in eleventy billion smartlock equipped fords is manual :p

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:10 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

ACT, Australia

Bozz wrote:
Was gonna say dont forget to wire up the neutral switch so it doesn't start in gear then remembered that one in eleventy billion smartlock equipped fords is manual :p

lol. And the auto has an inhibitor switch anyway.

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

QLD, Australia

The advertisements in US audio magazines in the late 80's used to advertise remote start alarms showing snow, a car outside a window and how your car will be warm when you get in, just tells you how far Australia is behind when it comes to alarms.

Cummins diesel engines have a similar system called ICON. While the driver is asleep in the cab the engine will start up and shut down to maintain cabin temperature. Its only available in the states. The reason we havnt caught on here yet is because WE DONT FUKIN NEED IT. When I wake up on a cold morning I simply walk out to my car, start the engine, walk back inside and have my cornflakes. Didnt cost me a cent and I didnt have to bypass the smart lock.

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

seton005 wrote:

Cummins diesel engines have a similar system called ICON. While the driver is asleep in the cab the engine will start up and shut down to maintain cabin temperature. Its only available in the states. The reason we havnt caught on here yet is because WE DONT FUKIN NEED IT. When I wake up on a cold morning I simply walk out to my car, start the engine, walk back inside and have my cornflakes. Didnt cost me a cent and I didnt have to bypass the smart lock.

I do believe you have just defeated smartlock - You put your key in the vehicle and walked away from it. That's all insurance is going to care about.

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:18 am 

VIC, Australia

Well for those of you who doubted me and were at the all ford day you would have had a chance to see the remote start working in the flesh.

Certainly caught a few people off guard.

Pro Class
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

seton005 wrote:
The reason we havnt caught on here yet is because WE DONT FUKIN NEED IT. When I wake up on a cold morning I simply walk out to my car, start the engine, walk back inside and have my cornflakes. Didnt cost me a cent and I didnt have to bypass the smart lock.

Nice if you know your car will still be there 20mins later, even if you have a shed, I don't think you would run your car without opening the roller door etc.

Heaps of alarm functions haven't caught on here yet, and we are normally far behind with other things too, man look how long it took for automatic climate control to come here, first Aussie Ford was EA high series and it is still only a high series fitment, and you can say we are any different to needing that, Aussie cars are normally way behind the eight ball, BA was probably the biggest leap forward, but there is still many things that should be standard but aren't.

When I was living in Armidale a few years back I would have loved a remote start, f**k if I was going out to my XD in (+/-) -13C mornings to start it and run back inside to get warm again. You know it is cold when the sun heats up the shed roof, the condensation drips on your windscreen, then refreezes again.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:53 am 

VIC, Australia

seton005 wrote:
Its only available in the states. The reason we havnt caught on here yet is because WE DONT FUKIN NEED IT. When I wake up on a cold morning I simply walk out to my car, start the engine, walk back inside and have my cornflakes. Didnt cost me a cent and I didnt have to bypass the smart lock.

Thats not a fair comment to say WE dont need it.

YOU might not think it's necessary and thats fine your entitled to your opinion but shouldn't speak about what others do or dont need.

EXAMPLE
The BA falcon's have a feature that turns your headlights off after a minute or so once you've left the car and locked it + a sensor to turn them on automatically when it gets dark. I'm sure people said how bloddy hard is it to turn your lights on and off when you need them and yet this feature is very populcar and prevents many flat battery's.

No one needs heaps of stuff in cars like stereos, it is possible just to sit and drive in silence, larger exhausts, sunroof's, climate control and yet these are things people add every day because they are nice to have and make life eaiser.

Pro Class
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Spot on pyroay

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Fairlane by Tickford

VIC, Australia

Pyroay, where abouts did you get your alarm fitted?

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:41 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

ACT, Australia

I'm getting a s/h ignition barrel/key. So I'm gonna see if I can wire it up so it'll fool smartlock (I'll have it hidden somewhere, and have the actual ignition circuits permanently disabled on it).

So my existing ignition barrel will retain the ignition circuits but won't be hooked up to the BEM, the new barrel will. Thus when the remote starter kicks in, the BEM will see a signal from the new lock and allow the ECU to run. Then I get in car, put my key in the original barrel, turn it to On position and drive off. The alarm will kill the engine if the brake pedal is pushed without the key in the on position, so can't drive off with it. And with the new barrel hidden and disabled, ay thief won't be able to use that barrel/key to bypass alarm.

Well at least that is the plan.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next