Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
EDXR6-Poly wrote:
Sorry to Thread mine but Im trying to hook up my AC in my ED falcon with my EMS 4424 I have been looking at the wiring diagrams and am thinking that the easyest idea is what Troyman did, changed the ED thermastat to a EA one, and run a really.

P.s Troyman if you have the daigram for this can you send it to me please.

i dont have a diagram of what i did, but ill try explane it.. ill try bodgy up a ms pain diagram later on..

the factory ecu recieves 12v from the aircon on off switch, the aircon wac relay is controled by the factory ecu using the factory thermister in the heater box to cycle on and off with evaporator temp..

now like me, you dont have the factory ecu anymore, so what i did,
from memory i used the 12v wire from the aircon on off switch( pin 10 on factory ecu) i ran this to an ea evaporator thermostat that has been fitted into the ed airbox as per ea..
from the thermostat it runs 12v to trigger an added relay, this relay i used to link ground/ earth instead of power, the 12v from the thermostat is to trigger the relay only..
then from the relay i run a wire to the wire that was pin 54 on the factory ecu(wac relay earth trigger), now the purpose of the relay i added was to convert a 12v trigger to a earth/ground trigger.
now the yellow/black input wire from the ems is connected to the old pin 54 wire aswell,
so when the aircon thermostat triggers the added relay to switch on the wac relay it also triggers the ems input which will raise idle rpm when the aircon compressor is on..

i hope that makes sense??
the only set back is, the ac pump dont switch off on full throttle like it did with the facory ecu..

like this?

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Post subject: Re: Aftermarket ECU and Aircon on EL Falco
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:56 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

the end of the capillary needs to atleast touch the evaporator core..
ill take a pic of where the capillary goes into the heater box tomorrow..
only need to remove the glove box to get to it..

the relay should be like this...
Attachment:
acrelay.jpg
acrelay.jpg [ 51.34 KiB | Viewed 244 times ]

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

so since im using the ED ecu plug to the ford loom connector plug (like a plug and play loom adaptor) can I simply connect the wires as you have shown to the pins (pin 10, pin 54) or does it have to be like the diagram?

Also... Where is the WAC relay?

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Isn't it normally with the rest of the relay's near the battery?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:16 pm 

NSW, Australia

EDXR6-Poly wrote:
so since im using the ED ecu plug to the ford loom connector plug (like a plug and play loom adaptor) can I simply connect the wires as you have shown to the pins (pin 10, pin 54) or does it have to be like the diagram?

Also... Where is the WAC relay?

it has to be seperate as pin 10 was a 12v input to the factory ecu telling the ecu that the aircon has been turned on..
but you can connect the yellow/black ems input up to pin 54 to keep wiring neat, you then just splice the added relay output into that wire to trigger the wac relay and ems input..

and yes the wac relay is under the header tank in the engine bay..

you can wire it up different to i have and you can do away with the added relay, by re wiring the wac relay so its triggered by 12v from the evaporator thernostat. but then you still need a way of grounding the ems input wire to trigger the idle up in the ecu..

again i have done mine in a way it can be returned back to std without to much modifying..

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Ahh ok

Ignition to A/C to thermostat
Thermostat to relay (to convert to earth) to
PIN 54 to yellow/black EMS wire

sorry just being tring to finish off my wiring so I can put the Dash back in tomorrow, I installed new foam stuff around all the A/C vents/pipes/ducts etc and cleaned out the evaporator.

so was a good excuse to do my wiring all neat and tidy too.

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:54 pm 

NSW, Australia

ok..
well the wire that originally went to pin 10 is the power wire from the ac switch, so this wire now goes to the ea thermostat...(this saves adding unecessary acc and a/c switch wires as its already there)

Thermostat to relay (to convert to earth) to
PIN 54 to yellow/black EMS wire

yes....

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2