Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: AU ignition leads
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Hey guys,

I am looking at buying a set of Eagle 9mm eliminator series ignition leads for my EF 6cyl as i am going for a blue/black/polished under-bonnet theme. I have found a brand new but second hand set very cheap to suit an AU 6cyl (series 1). I'm using an AU rocker cover on my EF which has the leads separated in 2 sets of 3 rather than the EF style where all 6 leads are run towards the back of the rocker cover. I'm hoping that these AU leads are a fair bit shorter and i can run them in AU style with 3 passing over the front of the cover and 3 passing over the rear of the cover - with the EF leads i have now, leads 1 and 2 are excessively long.

Anyways, the guy selling them has a picture of the leads which i have attached. In the picture, 2 of the leads have straight lead boots and 4 leads have 90 degree angle lead boots, at the coil pack end obviously. I asked him if what i was seeing in the picture was correct and he confirmed it. The question is, is this normal with AU leads? I must say every single set of leads i have seen to suit EF/AU has right angled lead boots at the coil pack end so i'm curious as to why this set isn't. Regardless, i'm sure they will fit no worries but if this isn't normal, i'm left wondering if the leads have been tampered with or something seeing as he bought them for his AU but they didn't fit (which is most likely series 2 or 3 with had different the coil pack)

Attachment:
123161283.jpg
123161283.jpg [ 26.81 KiB | Viewed 654 times ]

If someone could clear this up for me, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,
Nathan.

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Post subject: Re: AU ignition leads
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

You're a legend Ash, thanks heaps for the quick reply mate!! That confirms it then, i never knew the series 1 AU had 2 leads with straight boots and 4 leads with 90 degree angled boots - you learn something new everyday. I think i may just grab them then :)

Cheers!!

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]