Fordmods Logo

BA-BF-SX-SY - Scantool Fun 

Page 44 of 45 [ 666 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post subject: Re: BA-BF-SX-SY - Scantool Fun
Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Have you managed to get a cheap china VCM clone to work or no dice?

I'd be interested in trying a few reads.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:29 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BF XR6T Falcon

SA, Australia

No one has tried yet. I'll pm you a link to the tool if you'd like to have a go. It's yours on a bench? Don't really want people to risk doing it on their actual car unless you have another method to flash the pcm if something goes wrong (not that I think it will but good to be cautious)

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

rolls wrote:
No one has tried yet. I'll pm you a link to the tool if you'd like to have a go. It's yours on a bench? Don't really want people to risk doing it on their actual car unless you have another method to flash the pcm if something goes wrong (not that I think it will but good to be cautious)

I have a VCM clone here, never tried to use it as a J2534 though.

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

rolls wrote:

I was just planning on doing a read until I can get to a wreckers to grab some PCMs and a loom. Shoot us a link if you like!

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:
rolls wrote:

I was just planning on doing a read until I can get to a wreckers to grab some PCMs and a loom. Shoot us a link if you like!

PM sent!

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:49 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

To everyone who hasn't been following we have some exciting news and can finally announce that PCMTEC is live!

We support flashing and editing the following PCM/TCMs (Engine ECU and Transmission ECU)

BA Falcon 2002-2005
BF Falcon 2005-2008
FG Falcon 2008-2017
Territory (Petrol) 2004-2017

We are selling 3 products Enthusiast, Professional and Workshop starting at $300 AUD which makes it the cheapest solution for DIYers. See the link below for details, there is a demo with test files you can download and edit for free once you register on the site.

https://www.pcmtec.com/

Blog with updates for upcoming releases here:
https://www.pcmtec.com/blog

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/PCMTECAustralia/

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:33 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Wow, cool... Maybe my car should just get a barra, a barra computer and be done with the J3 confusion.....

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
Wow, cool... Maybe my car should just get a barra, a barra computer and be done with the J3 confusion.....

lol .... maybe :?: :mrgreen:

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:12 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Version 0.60 of PCMTEC Editor has now released with ZF (ZF6HP) 6 speed automatic tuning. 

Thousands of new parameters (literally, there is over 1000 new tables) available that none of our competitors have access to.

Here is a brief summary of some of the extra features:

• Gear Controls: filling switching and ramp pressures for each gear
• RPM and Shaft Speed controls: Limits on driving ranges, range switching acceleration limits, coast, upper engine speeds on tip in
• Pedal and Throttle Limits: Pedal limits/Minimum throttle limit for kick down
• Ramp and Boost Pressures: Clutch ramp and boost pressures for for the BF and FG Falocns
• Shift Prevention and Forbidden Actions: Upshift and downshift prevention tables and tables of forbidden shifts
• Shift Properties:  Additional tables and scalars to control shift between gears such as ramp and pressure gradients.
• System: Diff ratio as well an many temperature controls
• Transmission Delays: Delay times for downshift (eg 2nd to 1st) , off going clutch and closing ramp gradients.

See full release notes here:

https://forum.pcmtec.com/index.php?/top ... ruary-9th/

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XT

VIC, Australia

rolls wrote:
To everyone who hasn't been following we have some exciting news and can finally announce that PCMTEC is live!

We support flashing and editing the following PCM/TCMs (Engine ECU and Transmission ECU)

BA Falcon 2002-2005
BF Falcon 2005-2008
FG Falcon 2008-2017
Territory (Petrol) 2004-2017

We are selling 3 products Enthusiast, Professional and Workshop starting at $300 AUD which makes it the cheapest solution for DIYers. See the link below for details, there is a demo with test files you can download and edit for free once you register on the site.

https://www.pcmtec.com/

Blog with updates for upcoming releases here:
https://www.pcmtec.com/blog

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/PCMTECAustralia/

Can PCMTec be used to program modules or does this still require IDS? Also is it possible to mix and match modules which were never in a factory configuration, but were from the same generation of assembly (e.g. FG-X & SZII, FG2 & SZ), for example a Turbo AWD Barra SZ, Boss 335 AWD SZ Territory or a FG Falcon diesel

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

malazn_mafia wrote:
Can PCMTec be used to program modules or does this still require IDS? Also is it possible to mix and match modules which were never in a factory configuration, but were from the same generation of assembly (e.g. FG-X & SZII, FG2 & SZ), for example a Turbo AWD Barra SZ, Boss 335 AWD SZ Territory or a FG Falcon diesel

We cater to the masses, the masses ask for the ability to retune factory vehicles as fast and as easily as possible.

We always recommend against creating frankenstein's unless you want to lose money and like headaches. It can be done with the workshop version of our software in some circumstances though.

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I know this is an old thread but I have been playing with a Freematics OBD2 reader. I spoke with the creator about adding in a PID. I wanted to add oil temp (220907) but when I added it in it crashes. He said it's because its not within the 65536 range. Can anyone help me or explain the ranges?

Thanks,

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

<Cough, splutter, splurt>

I finally managed to get back into my account again. It's been a few years hasn't it. What's been happening?

From that last post, the PID is 0907. 22 is the mode. The question would be if that scantool does non J1979 stuff, because most general OBD2 tools do stuff in modes 00 to 09 according to J1979. Anything above that is covered in J2190, ISO 14229 (or even CAN ISO15765-3) including Mode 22. While manufacturers generally observe that 'standard', they tend to all do things slightly differently there.

The PIDS themselves are a HEX value (Decimal uses 10 digits 0-9, Hex uses 16 digits 0-9 plus A to F). The PIDS range from 0000 to FFFF. Use your WIndows 10 calculator (last time I was on here I was using XP!) put it in programmer mode, select HEX on the left and type FFFF, you'll see that converts to 65535....

Lukeyson

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

March 8 2013 was my the last post here! Wow. I have so much reading to catch up on too by the looks of it.

What was life like in 2013? We had 3 local manufacturers, Holden was a company, we hadn't ever heard of the term COVID-19, people shook hands and went to pubs, V8 Supercar races were done in real cars....

Lukeyson

Sort by  
 Page 44 of 45  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next