BA Injectors in an EF 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Injectors in an EF
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF II Falcon GLI

QLD, Australia

Hi all
I've recently replaced the injectors in my EF falcon with BA ones. Had to replace the fuel rail as well as the cups on the rail are a different length to the ef ones. I've done a bit of research and found out that the BA fuel pump provides 4 Bar of pressure while my EF pump only provides a maximum of 3 Bar. This is the reason (I think) why my EF will only rev out to 4 grand under load on petrol. Revs out fine on LPG.
My question is; will a BA fuel pump fit in an EF?
If anyone has got some thoughts I'd like to know.
Cheers

Post subject: Re: BA Injectors in an EF
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:33 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i think you will find its running way to rich, the ba injectors flow way to much for the e series.. and its not the pump, its the fuel regulator that gives the required pressure

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:25 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

As Troy has said, it is not he fuel pump but the regulator that sets the pressure. You will find that the EF pump will pump more than that and more than the BA (29lb) injectors will need. E series have 19lb injectors and AU have 20lb. If you did you research properly, you would have found this information with no trouble. You can use 20lb AU in the E series with no issue.

29/30lb are just toooo big and you would need a J3 chip to control them and unless you are going boosted there is absolutly no need. All you are going to do while you are N/A is foul your plugs, fill your exhaust with unburnt fuel and waste money on excess fuel consuption for no gain.

The purchase and installation of the BA injectors and fuel rail was a waste of time and money.

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Thanks for your input, the injectors and rail only cost me about $50 so at least I havn't wasted too much money. I am curious though, the BA and EF motors are the same size so why are the BA injectors making it run so rich? As far as research went I think I found that you could use BA injectors on an EF somewhere on this site. Obviously not everthing on this site is accurate.

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:36 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

They don't run rich. The ECU controls them. Setting between the ECU's are miles apart. Check before you jump, it's a lot safer (and cheaper).

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

So putting in an aftermarket computer would fix the problem? And if I did that how much (if any) more HP would I be looking at getting out of her?

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:42 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Stopher wrote:
Thanks for your input, the injectors and rail only cost me about $50 so at least I havn't wasted too much money. I am curious though, the BA and EF motors are the same size so why are the BA injectors making it run so rich? As far as research went I think I found that you could use BA injectors on an EF somewhere on this site. Obviously not everthing on this site is accurate.

actually there is a thread about using the ba injectors in a ef but it also says that a j3 chip and a custom tune is required to make them work we..

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Stopher wrote:
So putting in an aftermarket computer would fix the problem? And if I did that how much (if any) more HP would I be looking at getting out of her?

By getting it tuned to suit the BA injectors won't net you any extra power. The engine only requires a certain amount of fuel at any given time, so whether you have 19#, 29# or 42# injectors in there, as long as the tune is correct, it will command the same amount of fuel to maintain the required air:fuel ratios. You only need to upgrade your injectors when you make changes to the engine that allow more air into the mix, therefore requiring bigger injectors to supply more fuel to keep that air:fuel ratio correct.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]