Fordmods Logo

BA Injectors into E series... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Injectors into E series...
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Will they fit? (on a 6 cylinder)

Car is NA, worked and will be retuned.

Also between EA-EL are there any differences in shape, size or flow with the Injectors? Sorry bout the questions, just never owned a EFI ford 6 before.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:57 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

BA injectors will not fit into E series. All E series EB-EL are compatable as are the AU injectors. V8 injectors also fit if you need the extra flow. EF/EL are 19lb if I am right and AU are 20lb but have a 4 jet spray. AUXR8 are 24lb. Can't remember EB/ED but I think they are 19lb as well. Please don't quote me on these numbers, pays to check.

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:00 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

I actually beg to differ on that one i think. I remember a few dyno days ago Jay (hyena) was putting BA XR6 injctors in his purple ef thing. Pretty sure thats what was going on.

The Lane Lives.... Finally!!!!

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Well I stand corrected then. Thanks Ben. Always thought that they didn't fit. Wouldn't run them in a stock E series but as they are 29lb injectors. Supposidly the 4.0lt injectors in the BA's are the same whether XT or Turbo. Would love to know if that is correct.

Last edited by SWC on Mon May 26, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

paulc wrote:
Well I stank corrected then. Thanks Ben. Alkways thought that they didn't fit. Wouldn't run them in a stock E series but as they are 29lb injectors. Supposidly the 4.0lt injectors in the BA's are the same whether XT or Turbo. Would love to know if that is correct.

99% sure they are exactly the same injectors XT and Turbo.

XTC put BA injectors in a Snort turbo'd EA 3.9l with a piggy back got like ~300rwkw.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:59 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED EF and AU V8s

WA, Australia

so i suppose the BA one's would fit the AU V8 fuel rail then aswell???

Too many cars atm

ED sprint
EF Fairmont V8
AU ghia V8

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

castlegreyskull wrote:
I actually beg to differ on that one i think. I remember a few dyno days ago Jay (hyena) was putting BA XR6 injctors in his purple ef thing. Pretty sure thats what was going on.

Actually they were BA XR6T spark plugs, iridium and are supposed to last longer. I needed new plugs anyway but as per most plugs they made 9/10ths of SFA difference. The most noticable difference was that I needed to hunt around for a different sized socket to get them out! :lol:

MMD wrote:
XTC put BA injectors in a Snort turbo'd EA 3.9l with a piggy back got like ~300rwkw.

BA's run 32lb injectors which aren't sufficient to get to 300rwkw. My stock XR6T injectors leaned out before 260rwkw so even if you said 280rwkw that'd be 100% duty cycle. He may have pulled them from a BA but they must have been higher rated, or had been redrilled such as the early nizpro ones.

As for NA power, don't bother with BA injectors.
My EF was pretty much at the limit of how much power as you can get from a naturally aspirated E series engine, at least that will (supposedly!) last and is drivable on the street. That was 175rwkw and was running stock 19lb injectors with good AFRs. So even if you used the 20lb AU injectors (and supposedly the magnas run 20 pounders as well) that should be fine. You'll burn several grand to get near that power anyway

ImageImage

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]