Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Revs stay up too long
Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

QLD, Australia

OK heres the story,
Well today my starter motor went, and made a hardcore grinding sound but i dont think that has anything to do with it... but i noticed as i was sitting in traffic in neutral playing with my rev's that when i say rev up to 1500 then let go of accel pedal the revs will stay up at 1500 for another 1-2 secs and then suddenly start to drop like normal....? what is the go with that... as soon as i take my foot off the pedal they should start dropping? or is it the lag in the computer? i duno if this is normal becuz i forget whether it even used to do it...

any elses do it?

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Post subject: Re: BA Revs stay up too long
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:37 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

My BA is a tad slow to idle normal again after you rev it a bit as well.

Could be the electronic throttle. Car drives perfect other wise.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

NSW, Australia

cleaned the throttle body lately? they get carbon build ups pretty quick due to the oil in the intake system....

has your computer been reflashed? done any mods that could affect it?

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

QLD, Australia

found out today a air hose had popped off the top of the rocker cover at the back of the engine, and hadnt thought to pop the bonnet cuz it was running fine except for the hose i found out about today when i got the new starter motor, and then after that went in i took it for a drive n it went like a bag of s**t, becuz the computer had already pre learned for the hose to be off, and they shoved it back on... and then the rev things fixed up but not until me n the bloke from the auto electrics were giving it a thrashing for 10 mins to proove to him its running s**t, then the computer re learned for the hose to be back on and then the power started coming back WHILE WE WERE DRIVING AFTER ABOUT 5 - 10 MINS! thats insane it f**k self learnt n fixed all the crap itself thqats insane if u ask me.. one minute runs s**t and the more u drive it the more it tweaks fuel and air mixtures n etc

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

they make them hang now so there are not masses of unburnt fuel when you rev up and back off all of a sudden

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]