basic question I am ashamed to ask 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: basic question I am ashamed to ask
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

I have never been shown how to use a multimeter....... My old man was with RAME ( army mechanics, electrical and engineer's) and he showed me plenty of cool stuff when it comes to cars but we lost contact before he could teach me how to use a multimeter..... maybe the time spent p****d in the shed having comps to see who could carry a 1.6L motor the furthest wasted some time.
SO, I have no idea how to use a basic tool. I want to check the fuel sender on the ef as I dont know if its the sender or the guage thats at fault. Could someone give me a simpletons instruction on how to use a multimeter to check the sender please? I have sent the dash into diagnostic mode and the result was inconclusive, so to not waste dosh on getting another sender I want to check the one I have first. Once I get my head around BASIC multimeter usage I will be trying it on all sorts of stuff in the car to see what happens and I will teach myself, but the starting point stuff elludes me. The multimeter I have is digital display with a dial on the front to change readings
I hope this question doesnt make you guys think I am more of a d**k head than I actually am ( I am a d**k, but just not a huge d**k). Help would be good, I wont have a chance to try it out till Monday as the mrs is going into hospital to drop out our 3rd tonight but I will read and follow the instructions posted.Cheers Lads

Post subject: Re: basic question I am ashamed to ask
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

ACT, Australia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPaTsBrd-Tg

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks guys, the old man was a nam vet and when he was good he was good, but the last day he lost the plot he took a chunk out of my oldest kids face. I can't risk my kids so its been 9 years since I last saw him. Wouldnt even know if he is alive or not. Is there is anyone from Caslemaine VIC who knows if G.I is still around? He is a local pub regular and use to drink at the messy dog before she closed down

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

Surly you reported you're old man and outta the pub for his own good. Right

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

He was lucky I didn't kill him that day as I didnt reolize he had hurt my kid till I cought up with the mrs who fled down the road with our bub. Went to go back and yes I would have killed him with my bare hands but I could not get into his place, so I decided if I do kill him I will be behind bars and he aint worth spending time away... so we went to the cop shop and they took pic's of my neck and our bubs face and a few months later I heard he got off due to lack of evidence? Man they had pics of finger indents in my neck and of our kids face and 2 witnesses and could not close the case! From that day forward I vowed never to see him again as I still years later would happily beat his face into mashed potato. He use to flog me, my little sister, my mum, my 3 half sisters and also get a bit touchy with one of half sisters, so he deserves all he would get. Its a pity though as when he was good we had a blast and he was a s**t hot mechanic and yes I still miss him but the chance that my kids could get injured again means I stay away. Tell you guys, the blokes that went over and come back bad, there families had to relive the war over and over again and I dont mean through stories.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:36 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XG ute

QLD, Australia

Never worry about asking questions. In my experience only the ignorant fear knowledge.

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

That sucks dude.
The good thing is there are plenty or gun mechanics and very knowledged member on the site willing to help.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]