BF ECU into BA 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: BF ECU into BA
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Well as the thread title suggests what are the chances of that happening? Reason I'm throwing the idea up is that the cams on the BA have their timing locked together (whatever one does, the other follows suit) but on the BF they are independant. Surely all that needs to be done on the BA to get the cams running independant would be a few mods to the wiring, so the solenoids are wired independant rather than off the same signalwire, and a swap over to the BF ECU. I'm somehow led to believe that the BA BEM is exactly the same as the BF BEM so that takes care of any smartshield issues.

How right or how full of s**t am I here? Keep in mind that the BA F6 ran independant VCT whilst all other BA 6's ran locked VCT.

Is it easier or harder than what I have outlined here to convert the BA motors to dual independant VCT? Surely there must be someone here left with enough brains to sensibly answer this question rather than stare and say goo goo gaa gaa.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Negative ghost rider

BF changed imobilisation systems to the same euro standard! No smartshield! Thats why bf has a different key and fob!

So you need to change more than just ecu - plus you would need to do an engine loom change as they did add another two sensors on the engine to support this and also the oil cooler!

Nicko

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Thank f**k for that nicko. You know a lot more than what I thought.

Then What about the BA FPV I6, what were the wiring differences between that and the non FPV I6's since it was running true dual VCT.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]