Fordmods Logo

dead ed again 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: dead ed again
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ED wagon 6 duel fuel

VIC, Australia

had an issue wich was resolved by the forum thanks all....Now i have another..was driving down the road heard a click, the radio turned off thought hope car dosnt stop it diddnt. drove to my destination parked turned it off n tried to start it.. crank no go. the smart lock light was not working checked fuses crtlmp fuse blown..replaced it it blew on install ripped dash apart unplugged radio tried another fuse same thing the radio is factory.. duel fuel car any ideas......looks like a dead short somewhere but what is in that curcuit?? i have no diagrams or any idea what it controls any help appreciated as its stuck @ work boss aint happy n im broke as usual

waitin for a guru cheers mick

Post subject: Re: dead ed again
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:13 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

crtlmp? sounds like "Courtesy Lamp" aka interior light.

Dunno about ED's but when my AU went autistic a guru told me to check my interior light bulb to make sure it wasn't blown. Apparently the interior light circuit is linked to Smartlock / Smartshield somehow and a fault makes the car go dead.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:51 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Check your wiring going to your interior light.Remove the interior light and make sure the wires haven't shorted down to earth.I had one vehicle which had the short about 6 inches from the light.Mind you I started at the other end of the harness :roll: Don't forget the storage area light at the back.Cheers Kevman.

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:38 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

on the weekend got a trailer got the ed home..furthur to the fault..replaced the fuse again it didnt blow??? wtf a dead short fixed itself? checked interoir lights including glove box all ok back to crank n no start i have spark put a globe across an in jector cranked and it didnt pulse..bashed the dash around the hand brake no change disconnected battery over night. turn key on smartlock light pulsed 4 times then went out crank no go the ciggy lighter light is blown and so is the ashtray's are these in the smartlock circut?smart lock light is now acting normal but no go.....any help appreciated :oops:

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:17 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

well ive been tinkering with this thing for a while now no closer to fixing it am confused read out the codes came up with 24 and 11 anyone know what they mean ?? what is the state if an injector when ignition is on not cranking should there be 12 volts across it or 12 v to earth from one of the pins? cranks like a baby but wont fire have spark removed smartlok module checked over bit found a few dry joints resoldered them thought that was my prob the board looks ok no burns etc the smartlock light is acting normal and interior lights work

any help appreciated very frustrated :?:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]