Difference between BA 6 cyl fuel pump and BA xr8 fuel pump 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Difference between BA 6 cyl fuel pump and BA xr8 fuel pump
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

Hi guys n gals, just wondering if there is any differences that would stop me putting a xr8 fuel pump in my ba.
As far as I can tell the fuel tank is the same, so dimensionally should be fine.

Do the xr8 ones pump more fuel?

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Post subject: Re: Difference between BA 6 cyl fuel pump and BA xr8 fuel pump
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

AFAIK, they are indentical pumps.

Gab

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:11 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: FG MK 2 XR6

WA, Australia

Picking this thread back up, hopefully someone can assist here.

I've acquired a Raptor SC kit (entry level non intercooled) that will be fitting to my BF Wagon.

I've purchased the Rising Rate Fuel regulator, and also the 2 Bar MAP Sensor from a BF XR6 Turbo. However I'm looking at Fuel Pump and Injectors to finish off.

It's not a massive/high horsepower kit, but by all expectations I should have an easy 300kw at the engine/flywheel (approx 230 - 250rwkw). I doubt I will see more than this as my exhaust system is designed more for N/A at 2.5 inch mandrel bent plus extractors.

Is there any difference between the XR6 Turbo fuel pump and injectors compared to the BF N/A 6 cylinder motor? The items on eBay seem to be generic across all Falcon variants, just different pound ratings.

I'm struggling to find any factual difference, and would like to work this out now before taking the car in for a custom Sniper Tune. Injectors and a complete fuel pump appear to be around the $700 in total plus fitting which I'd like to avoid without causing any leaning out issues on my install.

Cheers.

Too many Fords and too much cash "invested" over the years.

New Project: Daily Cruiser, FG Mk 2 XR6 NA , headers, CAI, tuned, 238rwhp and counting.

Engine build in progress.....

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

does ford have different part numbers or same numbers across all variants?

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

When you say custom sniper tune im assuming your going to BPT?

Thats where I got mine done and am very happy with thier knowledge and results.
Mine is supporting 230 rwkw and should be able to get up to 250 if the motor didn't run out of puff.

I would suggest ring them. Also you should get a better flowing zorst since your heading up the forced induction route.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

The injectors for the turbo and NA are exactly the same. They are listed higher on some sites because they run different fuel pressure regs. NA is about 3bar and the turbo is 4bar, this is where they get the extra fuel from. I'm not sure if the fuel pumps are the same.

You will need a new exhaust system it will restrict you quite alot with a 2.5" system. You would probably be best going with a dual 2.25" or a singles 3" if your not fussed on how loud it is.

Just to let other people know, the xr6t/xr6 are not big injectors, if you put them in your e-series they run about ~21lb. It will still run like a dog and splutter without a tune for the e-series though.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: FG MK 2 XR6

WA, Australia

Yes, getting the work done by the boys at BPT which I am excited about...annoyingly I've heard a couple of mixed reviews about their 6 Cylinder tuning, however I have never had anything but good service from them with my V8's in the past. So will leave the negativity at the door as I have a lot of time for BPT.

I have decided to upgrade the Injectors to Bosch 42lb, and also get the exhaust done as I'll need to replace the cat anyway. I will also replace the Leads and Coils at the same time as the car has travelled 110'000km now. I really want to get close to 230 - 250rwkw and so don't want exhaust or injector hassles limiting the wagon's ability to pull some healthy, freeflowing numbers. Hopefully the fuel pump will hold up. :)

Car is currently at the panel beater getting some minor respray/touch up done as well as colour coding of interior/exterior bits and pieces.

I'll have to start up a build thread once she's all clean, dynoed, photographed and taken to the drags. :)

Too many Fords and too much cash "invested" over the years.

New Project: Daily Cruiser, FG Mk 2 XR6 NA , headers, CAI, tuned, 238rwhp and counting.

Engine build in progress.....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]