Fordmods Logo

direct injection 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: direct injection
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

main question is, "What the Hell is SIDI" I thought direct injection was just MPI.

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

direct injection is injectors actually housed in the head and not housed in the inlet manifold like multi point injection, who knows what the Si stands sounds like something holden made up to sound high end, cant stand the ad "go better" what better then vz or ford?

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

phatEB wrote:
main question is, "What the Hell is SIDI" I thought direct injection was just MPI.

SIDI stands for 'Spark Ignition Direct Injection'. If you listen to the Holden ad for SIDI, it's hard to catch, but the voice over dude says you can get 900km to a tank on 'highway' driving, which is the obvious way to get good fuel economy. What happens when you do combined city/higway driving or even full on city driving? Fuel economy goes to poo.

I can get 700-750km from combined highway and city driving, not too bad i reckon.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

If ford had an ounce of marketing sense, they'd do the same test in an FG as best they can, and release an add saying that you can get nearly the same result in a falcon but with considerably more torque etc etc... then they should use their secret weapon.. the new slogan...

"go better than holden"... :-)

Seriously though.. why are Fords marketing folks so lame? They have not won a falcon verses commodore sales shoot out since the EF... one has to wonder why... It can't all be the fault of the AU. It seems to me that ford really does make the better car in falcon verses Holden, but they are woefully bad at letting people know...

Their current tactic is to sponsor shows like Rush etc and use falcons and territories all through the show, but what market are they going for? The ads are targeted at oldies, but the show is watched by mostly 20-40 market... so I ask again.. what is wrong with ford marketing? Why can't they at least copy Holdens marketing? It would have to be better than what they are doing... If they keep going like they are, Holden are going to keep handing them their behinds until the Falcon becomes a re-badged mondeo...

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Isuzu MU-X ,2018 Kia Cerato

QLD, Australia

new commodore may have power but still lacks torque, probly will get thirsty when towing or heavily loaded.

'96 DF II LTD 6cy
'15 Isuzu MUX LST

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon ef

QLD, Australia

who cares, it probably some rubbish little v6 that runs on thin air with loads of unreliable technology and is probably as fast as a stoned snail. whats wrong with burning acouple of litres between light changes?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2