Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: DYNO result way too rich AFR's DYNO SHEET NOW UPLOADED
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

I got a dyno today to check my Air/Fuel ratio's and they are way too rich from what the dyno operator told me and from the graph they are around 10-13 and higest it got was 13.7 (not lambarda?) any help to work this out?

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Last edited by EDXR6-Poly on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: DYNO result way too rich AFR's
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:19 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

can you post the dyno sheet??

in my case mine idles around 13:1 afr and at max rpm its around 11.5:1

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

dont have a scanner at moment but result was bad and very low but was told it could be due to numerous things (STILL TRYING TO SORT OUT HOW TO READ FAULT CODES-IF SOMEONE CAN SHOW ME WHAT PIN TO CONECT A TEST LIGHT/LED TOO) only made 169rwhp with J3 chip and 167rwhp without chip :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

was only on 91RON, No advance BASE TIMING AT 0BTDC (and no pinging but have knock sensor fitted!!!

and at cruise its flooding(chuging back and forth) using about 13L/Per 100

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Last edited by EDXR6-Poly on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

EDXR6-Poly wrote:
I got a dyno today to check my Air/Fuel ratio's and they are way too rich from what the dyno operator told me and from the graph they are around 10-13 and higest it got was 13.7 (not lambarda?) any help to work this out?

CAR SPECS
AU2 VCT MOTOR (WITH AU2 INJECTORS) EL BBM AND EA T5 3.27 LSD

Sorry just had a look at it (its now infront of me) and at idle AFR was 13.1
Full load readings were
lowest(richest) 10.6 @143KPH IN 4TH
highest(leanest) 11.9 @202KPH IN 4TH (REV-LIMITER)

Im sure the "best" afr is around 14.6?

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:51 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

sounds a bit rich at 10 and max rpm 11.9 is probably a touch rich aswell but not bad, a good afr for max power would be around 12.5..
the j3 chip need some work in the mid and upper range

afaik 14.7 is optimum for efficient fuel burning but not for optimum power..

179rwhp is about 136rwkw thats what you would expect from it if it still had the std vct cam..
is the wade cam dialed in with a vernea gear???

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

What tune do you have on the J3? Really you want the afr mid 12s when under full load.. but also you may want to consider running it on PULP and getting a tune to suit - you'll get more power n better economy.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

wade 1645a @112 is just using standard cam gear at the moment till vernier turns up...
J3 chip was from TI Performance but was a genric tune to suit that cam till i got a dyno to confirm the AFR's, Hopefully i can send it back to Jason with the 10 pages of dyno print outs to get it tuned very close to what it should be (just so damn expensive to travel 800k to get a dyno and another 800k home and especially at $90 a tank of fuel when im wasting it lol) but out west where i am we dont get anything higher than 95 Ron so will have to be what i get chip tuned for???

I will post up the dyno sheet tonight when i get home as i will be leaving mackay today at 10am so maybe by 7pm i should have it uploaded(forgot to bring my usb cable)

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

heres the dyno sheet the (Purple) line is the dyno without the J3 chip and the other (Blue) is with the J3 chip
ALSO J3 was sent back to jason today with a copy of the dyno sheet to retune the chip

Post subject: Re: DYNO result way too rich AFR's DYNO SHEET NOW UPLOADED
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

If it's using a lot of fuel when you're cruising, your HEGO sensor is probably rooted. Could also explain rich idle as well.

14.7:1 is lambda and that's where it should be when the car is in closed loop - cruising.

You'll need a retune for sure to get more power. Those afrs will be robbing you of power for sure. In my opinion, you'd want to be up around 12.8:1 or so (I go higher on my car) and maybe look at the timing as well. This is a problem if you're sending the chip off for a tune though. I suspect they'd keep timing very safe so you don't end up pinging your tits off. When you get the afrs right, what you could do is advance the dizzy a couple of degrees base timing and see if you get any gains there. If you have one.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]