Fordmods Logo

EA_EL CAPA CHIP-NEW PRODUCT 

Page 4 of 5 [ 64 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

i agree..... but the EF is still in the process but worth the wait

SIGNATURE REMOVED - REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES!

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Exactly the same thing happened when it first came out for the BA, then when they added AU support, and now as they add E-Series support (and no doubt when they added GM/Holden support)

Relax...its ready when its ready. If you need something NOW then it is not for you, pick something else.

But if you can wait, the results (with AU/BA/BF and in the US) show that in the right hands it is an outstanding product.

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:23 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Can't really compare a standalone aftermarket ECU to something that will enable the factory ECU to be tuned.
Each has there pros and cons, and there place.

With this wait, I'd be hoping for 100% functionality however.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

Relax, any more relaxed and I'll go to sleep. I Know the CAPPA product will be worth waiting for thats why I'm waiting, just wish they would quit teasing us with projected dates that aren't even close.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:58 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XHII V8S Ute

NT, Australia

they sound like a bunch of fools to me. Yes it may have been written in the instructions and yes it may have been "approved" by an automotive engineer, but seriously, who the F**K would want to hit their shock tower with a hammer? Its appears a case of "look we've made a bracket oh sh%t it's too close to the shock tower oh F**k it lets just tell them to hit their shock towers with a hammer instead of looking for other ways to make it fit. I bet if you had seen the instructions before you bought the bracket you wouldn't have paid for it.

Bush mechanics pull off better mods!

Pacies & single 2.5'. New manifold to come soon...

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Couldn't agree with you more XHII V8S.
As long as CAPA don't really have anything to do with this 'CHIP', it should be fine, but if they have input, they screw it up somehow.

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:31 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:
Yeah thats fair enough.
In their instructions, that they didnt give with the bracket or pulleys, but managed to get off some other guys off here.
Tells you to get a f**k hammer and hit your shock tower!
Does that sound good to you do, ever want a front end alignment again?
I somehow don't think any silicon adapter would help whatsoever.
Its also a little hard to tell that a piece of hose that you cant see without taking it all off again, which means the blower basically coming off again, was something i should've had to do.
Don't worry stockstandard, I didn't totally blame them in my last post, just that they are f**k.
The brackets too close to the shock tower, they know this, and they tell people to hit their shock tower with a hammer!
Why don't they just manufacture a bracket that f**k fits in the first place...

I am with you mate, as I have had similar problems with other sellers, (SJ Performance) Sold me parts for my coupe that never fitted the car, and were not manufactured correctly, refused to do anything about it, and in the end became abusive and threatening when I asked for the product to be replaced. :evil:

Now refuses to communicate at all.....

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Oh well, at the moment, there's not a great deal i can do, to deal with CAPA, as the manager wont return requested phone calls, i guess they'll be getting a very abusive visit by myself and a few mates at the Nats this year! Its probably the only way to actually speak to someone from there, and not have them s**t to you, especially when they'll be on the back foot from the first word.

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Oh well, at the moment, there's not a great deal i can do, to deal with CAPA, as the manager wont return requested phone calls, i guess they'll be getting a very abusive visit by myself and a few mates at the Nats this year! Its probably the only way to actually speak to someone from there, and not have them s**t to you, especially when they'll be on the back foot from the first word.

But its never good to hear about any company doing wrong by their customers. It s**t you to tears when it happens to you, and you can't do anything about it.

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ok...these chips are supposed to be released about now, have many people placed any orders for them yet?
it would be good to hear peoples results/feedback after they are installed and tuned....

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

I was booked in last FRI at BPT here in Perth to get the SCT Eliminator Chip & custom dyno tune on my EL XR6 ...and the day turned out to be a big disappointment :(

My ECU catch code is 6TAA ...and Barry at BPT couldn't find any tunes to match my ECU in the software catch code directory.

In fact, he could only find 1 EL ECU catch code that was supported, and even that program didn't seem to be set up properly!

Apparently this was a problem Barry took up with CAPA months ago when he had the software & chip for R&D ...and it still hasn't been rectified.

Anyway, the bottom line is that I couldn't get anything done to my EL ...both me & Barry were pretty f**k off. :x

Barry doesn't see any updates being added for EL ECU's in the near future either.

I'm going to call CAPA myself on MON and ask WTF's going on with EL programming.

Apparently all the EF ECU's are supported ...but it seems us EL owners are going to have to wait a while longer!

And on CAPA's website they state all EF-EL's are supported ...what a CROCK :x

If I get no joy out of CRAPA, f**k it ...I'm going to look at Chiptorque instead (which seems like an equivalent product) ...at least they seem to have their products & s**t together.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

How dissapointing and a huge waste of time for both yourself and Barry.
Like a lot if other people I was very interested to see how you got on, I think the SCT Eliminator chip will eventually be a good thing, but then you have the CAPPA factor. Bad luck man hope they sort it out for you quick smart.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XT Turbo

WA, Australia

dude just get a chiptorque ive got one and its running 42lb injectors, supercharger, walbro fuel pump, lumpy cam, headwork n so on and it runs and idles fantastic.

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

EL-XR6 wrote:
dude just get a chiptorque ive got one and its running 42lb injectors, supercharger, walbro fuel pump, lumpy cam, headwork n so on and it runs and idles fantastic.

Mate, that's a fantastic under-the-hood set-up you got there ...I'm hell jealous! :wink:

Have you run any dynos or quarter mile times in that beast?

Where did you get your Chiptorque & dyno done?

I can only find 3 dealers, including West Racing in Osborne Park ...I really wanna take my EL XR6 to the BEST Chiptorque dealer / tuner.

Thanks mate! :wink:

BTW, also sent you a PM

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XT Turbo

WA, Australia

I havnt had it one the dyno yet due to not having a licence for another week, but me and my brother have taken it out a few times and it hauls a**, i was useing the chip with just the cam, port n polish etc at first, so when i got the charger i rang matt from chip torque told him every little detail sent him the chip got the chip back a few days later and started first go ran execllent, just gota get it on the dyno and send matt the information and he will tell me if it all good if not he will tune it again for free, but seems fine

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next