ecu bcm not communicating 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: ecu bcm not communicating
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: au1 V8 1 tonne poverty pac ute

QLD, Australia

Hi all, I have made monumental blunder, I have an late au 1 v8 auto with a custom tune loaded with an SCT flash unit. I have returned the tune to stock and removed the motor and put it in an AU2 xr8 5 sp manual , I have had the au2 xr8 with the newly fitted motor running and then I have flashed the custom tune i had on the SCT for the same motor but with an automatic transmission onto the xr8 manual. The car started a couple of times but now the smart shield has immobilised the car. I have taken it to ford to get the car going but they have told me that the BCM will not communicate with the ECU because it believes it is an auto and about 5 or 6 DTC's are coming up all to do with the automatic solanoids and what not that it doesnt have therefore I cannot take the custom tune off and reinstall the original tune. Ford has suggested that if I get a BCM for a v8 manual it may open up communication with the ECU allowing me to remove the tune. Has any one been unfortunate enough to have dealt with this problem before, If I have to replace the ECU as well I suppose it will render my STC unit useless as it is still vin locked to the xr8 manual. I would appreciate any help Thanks

Don't force it, use a Bigger hammer

Last edited by gotta luv a v8 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: ecu bcm not communicating
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ba fairlane ghia

NSW, Australia

Try getting it flashed to a manual on the chip or whatever you have

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

drevesy wrote:
Try getting it flashed to a manual on the chip or whatever you have

That's what I would like to do, I have the original tune for the xr8 manual locked onto the SCT but I cannot flash it back because even ford cannot make the ECU recognise the bcm .

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:14 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

you have tried to flash a tune for a series1 onto a series2 ecu. not really compatable. there are things that are different including the catch codes and ecu info of the ecu.
the ecu's need to have the same strategy for tune files to be interchanged.

also the bcm is same from auto to manual, its the ecu/tune on the ecu that determines auto or manual..
to me it sounds like the ecu is corrupt due to miss match of files...

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
you have tried to flash a tune for a series1 onto a series2 ecu. not really compatable. there are things that are different including the catch codes and ecu info of the ecu.
the ecu's need to have the same strategy for tune files to be interchanged.

also the bcm is same from auto to manual, its the ecu/tune on the ecu that determines auto or manual..
to me it sounds like the ecu is corrupt due to miss match of files...

They suggested a bcm from a manual , the car was running fine when I first put the tune but as it is unregistered I only ran it for a couple of minutes maybe a couple of times then when I tried to start it again the smartshield light in the instrument panel stays on when the ignition is on so they figure if I can put a bcm programmed to manual in then they should to comunicate with the ecu and unlock the smart shield allowing me to change the tune back, sounds good in theory and considering whats at stake probably no harm in trying.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]