EF Fuel problem? Mystery 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EF Fuel problem? Mystery
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:01 pm 
QLD Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Ford Falcon Wagon

QLD, Australia

As some of may have read on a different page i had problems with my fuel pump or i thought my fuel pump and got stuck on the way back from Townsville and to cut a long story short i spliced into the wires on the fuel pump at the sender and connected the pump up to my parkers so when i turned them on i had power going to my pump till i was able to regas with LPG.

Anyways since being home i have replaced relay. fuel pump and sender and the switch that goes from petrol to lpg and still havent found the problem the relay clicks but still no power at the pump so i thought what i will do is simply run a switch to power the pump when petrol is needed.

Question is it wouldnt hurt leaving it hooked up this way permantely when not using gas it would at least get the car running again as its out of LPG so sitting here waiting to be towed for lpg or i hook a switch up to the new pump?.

Its given me time though to replace the front shockies as well as do some much needed maintenance due to the trip and refit a EF radiator and repair the damage i did when i put the AU one in

Alan

Post subject: Re: EF Fuel problem? Mystery
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:17 pm 
QLD Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Ford Falcon Wagon

QLD, Australia

Solved my own problem i ended up splicing into the new Fuel Pump from inside the spare wheel well, and was going to run a couple of wires upto the fuse box and a switch, did that and then as i went to earth the earth wire my pump kicked in? so tried it again and the pump was kicking in so left the positive or live wire off and just re-earth it and now it works again. Strange some where along the line the earth wire must be broken or have a bad connection but atleast i can drive it again on Petrol.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]