EF XR6 ECU +300Kpa Fuel pressure regulator+chiptorcue 

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: EF XR6 ECU +300Kpa Fuel pressure regulator+chiptorcue
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: fairmont ef

VIC, Australia

Hi there to everyone im after the above items wich includes a EF XR6 ECU Computer,a 300 kpa fuel pressure regulator,and a chiptorcue to chip the ecu or if someone has got just the chip would be better,as i got a EF fairmont with a EL XR6 motor,and if i change the ecu most of my gadgets on the dash wont work.Unless if anyone knows if a EF Fairmont Ghia ECU is any difrrent to a EF fairmont ECU.the ef fairmont ghia come with a tickford motor so it may be better than the standard one that i got .Im more intrestead in the,300Kpa Fuel pressure regulator+chiptorcue to chip the ecu.Can anyone help???? if needed to email me else were my email address is:peterkazazis@iinet.net.au. And can i have a price and phone number so i can contuct you'se.Thanks Peter.. :roll: :idea:

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

hahaha if your going chiptourqe, keep your ecu. a xr6 ecu would be a waste. also, changing ecu doesnt kill your dash gadgest, i've got a manual gli ecu in my fairmont... all works fine :)

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:04 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Hi and thanks i got told that if i change the ecu to a xr6 from the fairmont there will be a few things that they wont work.also if i chip the original ecu that i got in the fairmont it will go better than buying a xr6 one stock standard.

Post subject: Re: EF XR6 ECU +300Kpa Fuel pressure regulator+chiptorcue
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

silkyblackwolf wrote:
Hi there to everyone im after the above items wich includes a EF XR6 ECU Computer,a 300 kpa fuel pressure regulator,and a chiptorcue to chip the ecu or if someone has got just the chip would be better,as i got a EF fairmont with a EL XR6 motor,and if i change the ecu most of my gadgets on the dash wont work.Unless if anyone knows if a EF Fairmont Ghia ECU is any difrrent to a EF fairmont ECU.the ef fairmont ghia come with a tickford motor so it may be better than the standard one that i got .Im more intrestead in the,300Kpa Fuel pressure regulator+chiptorcue to chip the ecu.Can anyone help???? if needed to email me else were my email address is:peterkazazis@iinet.net.au. And can i have a price and phone number so i can contuct you'se.Thanks Peter.. :roll: :idea:

What gadgets on the dash won't work if you change the ECU? Are you confusing the ECU and the BEM?

Personally, i believe there is a point to changing the ECU to the Tickford model prior to getting the ChipTorque. Out of interest, why are you looking at a ChipTorque? Only reason I run 1 is because of the supercharger and larger injectors.

As for the Fairmont Ghias, EF1 did not have the Tickford motor, only EF2 did.
And incase your not already aware, the EL ECU's do not fit.

Also, there's a Wanted section in the For Sale section that would be far more appropriate place to be looking for these ite,s/

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:05 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

thanks for the info,i got a ef fairmont series 2,but i just put in a EL XR6 97 model motor the pins are diffrent on the EL ecu so i still got the original wiring from the ef and the original ecu.whats better keep the original ecu and chiptorque it and get a 300 kpa fuel regulator as the 1 from the xr6 el has been pulled out from the seller before i bought the motor.Or get a xr6 ef ecu and chip that one or maybe leave it stock standard.thanks peter.

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ill have a 300kp fuel reg buy monday if your intrested and also have 2 el ecu's one from the fairmont ghia with tickford motor and another out of a el fairmont

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

stoj79 wrote:
ill have a 300kp fuel reg buy monday if your intrested and also have 2 el ecu's one from the fairmont ghia with tickford motor and another out of a el fairmont

you dont happen to be the winning bidder on ebay last night?

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

quiet possibly heheheh

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

stoj79 wrote:
quiet possibly heheheh

aarrghh you had me faarked off. Out of interest, what was your maximum bid..... i was wishing i put a few more dollars on

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

silkyblackwolf wrote:
thanks for the info,i got a ef fairmont series 2,but i just put in a EL XR6 97 model motor the pins are diffrent on the EL ecu so i still got the original wiring from the ef and the original ecu.whats better keep the original ecu and chiptorque it and get a 300 kpa fuel regulator as the 1 from the xr6 el has been pulled out from the seller before i bought the motor.Or get a xr6 ef ecu and chip that one or maybe leave it stock standard.thanks peter.

It depends on why your wanting to chip it - if your just running a stock XR6 motor, no work done to it, and no blower or anything hanging off it, don't even bother with the chip. Just get a tickford ecu and leave it at that.

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hahah i did a sniper bid at 311 coz i was at work

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

stoj79 wrote:
hahah i did a sniper bid at 311 coz i was at work

ah i feel a bit better now, was thinking 300 max so i wouldnt have won anyway.

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

By the way, I picked up a brand new Bosch Tickford pressure reg for $50.00 through Repco.

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

i bought a bbm & head from the wreckers, heads not red n the tag says gli and the fuel pressure reg is rated at 290kpa

10kpa = 5/8 of S.F.A

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i thought standard was 270?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next