Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: EL XR6 AUTO TO MANUAL XR6 ECU CHANGE
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Just have a few Questions regarding the ECU change in my ED i have a AU and T5 installed in it but still running the ECU (6TBB) is it worth changing the ECU to a manual (6TAC I can get for $75) as the only thing that is running off the EL auto ecu at the moment is the BBM switch, i have the thermo fans running of a thermatic switch and the A/C one to another relay apart from that is there any benifit?. From what i have read about the ECU differences is that the fans will stay on (due to not getting the auto oil temp and thinks car is running hot) as for the way my thermo's are running with my setup that wont affect me.

So what are the other benifits? I have the manual wiring harness in the car at the moment and runns fine just a little rev hang between changing gears.

There for im left with the question
"Do i change to a manual ECU for $75 or spend a little more and get a J3 chip(with the manual XR6 tune) to suit the AU1645 cam?

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Post subject: Re: EL XR6 AUTO TO MANUAL XR6 ECU CHANGE
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ashcook wrote:
That's a cheap manual ECU!

Yes i know but thats al he wants for it and yes ive checked its a 6TAC ecu I just wanted to know if there was any benifit since ill be getting it dynoed soon as the AU1645 goes inand ill be getting a J3 from T.I. Performance anyway?

I have two choices

1- Spend $75 on a 6TAC ecu and have a manual ecu or....
2- Spend up to $500 on a dyno tuned J3 chip with a manual tune (including the J3 chip)

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Ive seen a few cheap J3 chips on ebay to convert to manual from auto ($125 delivered) but am thinking about future mods and ill need a dyno to get the AFM to get the tune close to perfect so then leads me to a wideband O2 sensor to check AFM and adjust to suit?

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Get the 6TAC ECU first...run it and see how it goes, then sell it when you decide to go the J3 chip way...for a much heftier price. $75 bucks for a manual EL XR6 ECU = cheap cheap...

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Only reason is that I dont know if the EL XR6 ecu will cope with the cam? idle quality etc? but as you said to get it and if i got J3 i can always sell it off, Ill be picking it up tomorrow

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Just curious whats a EL XR6 ECU (6TAC) worth $$$ ???

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]