el xr6-non turbo 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: el xr6-non turbo
Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 97 el xr6

New Zealand

was wondering if any one had some tips on the fuel system upgrades, I have heard you can use au injectors, does that help with power. is there other things you can use off the au or other models to boost power with out performance parts or turbo

xr-sexing

Post subject: Re: el xr6-non turbo
Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:19 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Not really off other models...

AU injectors have a better spray pattern to help optimise the fuel ignition...

You could run a full AU XR motor with the AU computer and gain sequential injection... Plus the EDIS... Plus overheat strategy... None of which will give you more power as such, but the AU package as a whole has more power and a better crank and stronger bottom end with a sort of 4 bolt mains arrangement and girdle plate...

Otherwise your power gains come from other things like exhaust, extractors, cat, CAI, cam choice, head work, tuning, etc

If you aren't running positive manifold pressure then you don't need a bigger fuel pump, fuel filter, high flow rail or anything like that... You can't really run bigger injectors because you still have the same amount of air entering the cylinder so you can't add more fuel to it otherwise you'll run rich...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

AU revs smoother, EF and EL have a stronger bottom end and thicker rods. AU tend to bend them much easier than the EF-EL's

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

I have done full coby exhaust, pod filter, rebuilt tranny might put au injectors in see if it makes a change. but really I should be looking at aftermarket parts and tuning for more power?

xr-sexing

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:36 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The proved pod filters give no more power on a dyno on a you tube channel once... On a big forced induction car they gained a bit... On a std car they made no difference and in one case lost power I'm sure because of the increased intake temps (they weren't boxed properly IIRC)... As such I still run a paper panel filter by choice... The K&N's are s**t and do more damage than good is the word because of the oil thats being sucked in... Probably more so on cars with a hot wire MAF sensor might have been it actually... :?

If you don't have extractors that'd be first and foremost thing to do... Then a cam... If you go too big on the cam you'll loose bottom end power and need a J3 chip and dyno tune to run them... Best talk to cam suppliers and tell them what you want it to do and they'll recommend a product...

I nearly bet you wont notice anything by feel with the AU injectors... Probably slightly improved fuel economy is all...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

ok ill ring around on Monday is a stage 1 cam factory?

xr-sexing

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:06 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
AU revs smoother, EF and EL have a stronger bottom end and thicker rods. AU tend to bend them much easier than the EF-EL's

AU Block and crank is better than anything EF/EL. Mains are bigger and the cross bolting makes it stronger.

Yes the AU Rod appear to be weaker but that can be overcome by fitting EF/EL Pistons and Rods or even F6 rods and pistons. Rod bearings are the same for SOHC Eseries, SOHC AU and DOHC.

If staying NA the AU rods will be plenty strong enough.

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:08 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

koopsey wrote:
ok ill ring around on Monday is a stage 1 cam factory?

You can call it that if you want.

Every companies "Stage" varies, there is no broad standard. Every grind is different and suits different power bands through the rev range.

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
The K&N's are s**t and do more damage than good is the word because of the oil thats being sucked in... Probably more so on cars with a hot wire MAF sensor might have been it actually... :?

Cheers,
Tim

i'd have to disagree there, well on a falcon anyway. have you seen how much oil is in the intake from a stock falcon? im assuming sucked in from the pcv.

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

ranga83 wrote:
TimmyA wrote:
The K&N's are s**t and do more damage than good is the word because of the oil thats being sucked in... Probably more so on cars with a hot wire MAF sensor might have been it actually... :?

Cheers,
Tim

i'd have to disagree there, well on a falcon anyway. have you seen how much oil is in the intake from a stock falcon? im assuming sucked in from the pcv.

Your only adding to it from an oiled filter I suppose. I cleaned my inlet manifold and it never went dirty again in the 12mnths I drove the car.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]