Fordmods Logo

EMS Stinger 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EMS Stinger
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:42 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Hi Guy's

looking for some help in wiring up an EMS stinger. I have worked out TPS and other sensors but I'm a little unsure about the ignition side of things. The Ems has 4 wires that need to connect to Dizzy as I look at the diagram. 1 is + feed, 2 is trigger, 3 is sync, 4 ground.

My problem is. Is the PIP the trigger or sync or is the SPout the trigger. I have wired the EMS trigger to PIP wire

Also I was hoping to use the factory igniter with the EMS can this be done and how or do I need to wire in another ignitor.

I think I may have wired something wrong, smoke signals from around dizzy area under bonnet,

Had my car put on the dyno this morning to get a base power figure before I start tuning with the EMS once I get it sorted. 178rwkw running factory ECU and 6.5 psi. A/F ratio is fat as low 11's so hopefully some proper fuel mapping using the EMS should see some power gains and economy as well.

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Sorted the issue out PIP is trigger for spark. Smoke signals all clear and everything appears normal.

Going to modify my dads old XR6Turbo map 300+ rwkw here I come. Will post up results one tunning is finished.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]