Fordmods Logo

Fault Code Interpreter program now available! 

Page 2 of 4 [ 48 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:34 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: EFII Sedan

QLD, Australia

I just found out today my IR port on the PPC is not working. I use to be able to transfer from phone to pda etc, but I have tested the IR port with a camera, and it is not flashing/handshaking :(

This could put a damper on things.

EF II Sedan
Ex Chaser, Dual Fuel (Impco LPG)
LSD High, 3.23, Black wheels, other shiny bits.

EB II Sedan <--- R.I.P. (Rest in pieces - gone to the wreckers for $50...... bargain!)

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Good stuff mate........any chance of including the XF codes? I know it's a bit old but I've got me an EFI XF lol

Gab

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

QLD, Australia

If you can get me a list of the XF codes, and an example phone video of codes being captured, shouldn't be a hassle. Once I get these, i'll start adding menus to the program where ppl can select their model.

Adding codes is no worries, I just need to "see" the flashes to work out 2 delay constants for each EEC.

EF II Sedan

EB II Sedan <--- R.I.P. (Rest in pieces - gone to the wreckers for $50...... bargain!)

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Cheers mate, but I think i'd better sort out why my car wont give me any codes first. lol

Gab

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:19 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

^ You'd better break something then.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:31 am 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

nice prog went a step further and wired a relay 12ma to the output straight into usb mouse counts up codes but cant see seperators so it just keeps counting ?(timing ithink) el ecu in nc fairlane

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:01 pm 
Technical Contributor

QLD, Australia

Cool idea! Hope you used a diode across the relay to protect the ecu when all those fast codes come through ;-)

If you can take a video of an LED flashing the codes, I'll see if there is a bug in the program, or a difference between the speeds of EF/EL ecu code outputs. It does support separators, but you have to let it count them first. When you press right mouse to stop, it will display them as a separator :D

If you can supply that video, and there is a difference, i'll add EF/EL specific menus to the prog.

Thanks for the input :)

EF II Sedan

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

the link aint working anymore

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

QLD, Australia

Link updated - they seem to have made some changes to that site and lost the file - i certainly didn't delete it.

Should work ok now :)

EF II Sedan

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL sedan gli

QLD, Australia

any news on a pocket pc version??? would be so handy!!!

Stock EL Gli Sedan, Tickford 98 EL/AU Hybrid Swapped in after aux shaft failure due to a lazy mechanic who can't service cars and aftermarket distributor-of-death-made-in-china crap.
Soon to be: The FalcMont - Build thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=120773

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:49 pm 
Technical Contributor

QLD, Australia

sorry, never got around to it. Been busy elsewhere learning PIC microcontrollers - may be doing a mini diagnostic gadget with LCD readout very soon - watch this space ;-)

EF II Sedan

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:00 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

EBGizmo wrote:
sorry, never got around to it. Been busy elsewhere learning PIC microcontrollers - may be doing a mini diagnostic gadget with LCD readout very soon - watch this space ;-)

PICbasic is awesome, if u get stuck i may be able to get my old man onto it if ur willing to share the source. he builds most of his gear from pic processors. he's also into renewable energy and cool stuff like that.

I also understand PICbasic, not as well as he does. a copy of ur source would be awesome.

me and dad have had thoughts of building our own trip computers using a pic processor but the data line from the instrument cluster has a strange data rate.

so it would be like an OBDII Scantool???

or just something to give u the codes?
and maybe when to goose the throttle?? (hint hint. i can never get it right!!))

Stock EL Gli Sedan, Tickford 98 EL/AU Hybrid Swapped in after aux shaft failure due to a lazy mechanic who can't service cars and aftermarket distributor-of-death-made-in-china crap.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:06 pm 
Technical Contributor

QLD, Australia

I'm currently fiddling with the 18X picaxe, and I have it talking to a 16x2 LCD display to read a pot value, convert that to a character from A-Z and display it to screen. Basically, you dial in a letter, hit a button, and it prints it on the LCD and increments the cursor position.

Just fiddling at this point, but once we get moved to sydney and work settles down, i'll be making it display fault codes to screen.

Depending on how well I can optimize the memory, it may just put out the codes, but I would like it to print the fault reason too.

Might need the bigger 40X chip, or just the 18X and a 32K NVRAM chip for storage.

Have got it powering a Mosfet pretty nicely for motor control, and fiddled with the servo command to some extent. I must say, they aren an awesome chip, and I bet a lot can be done with them on Fordmods ;-)

EF II Sedan

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:21 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

absolutely, what the old man can do with them is awesome, they can be used to turn a 2 channel tait into a 430-490mhz set with 25khz steps!!!

i'll have a chat with him and see if he's interested in joining the forum.

do you know the data rate for the data stream to the trip computer?? we were working on making our own trip computer with logging to eeprom and then removing from the car and uploading the data to pc. there was also talk of interfacing a SIRF III GPS unit and logging that aswell. big project i know. dunno if members of the forum would support this. the E series is getting old now.

Also i don't see much of a market for such a device as the AU series has a different cluster setup, the trip computer is incorporated in the cluster itself

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

QLD, Australia

no idea about the data rate, sorry, but someone else on here (lukeyson?) was fiddling with this idea a while ago I think. Whoever it was found that the data stream was not quite "right" so to speak, which made things hard.

If enough people are interested in the Picaxe, it might be an idea to start up a thread in the Geek section if people want little proggies done up to do stuff like variable intermittant wipers etc. The 08M chips are great for little projects like this. ;-)

EF II Sedan

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next