Fuel cell in EL 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Fuel cell in EL
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:08 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 98 EL Fairmont GHIA

New Zealand

Hey fellas,
Got a slight problem, been doing skids. and now my fuel tank has a hole in it, Crap plastic. If i knew this was a problem i would of made a steal plate for it!

But anyway, Im looking at going with a fuel cell, Probably in the boot, is this legal? (Im in NZ)
And has it been done before? I dont see any difficulty in doing it, just fuel gauge to sort out, And the pump side of things, Would i need a surge tank? Or put the pump just out of the fuel cell also in the boot and extend the existing fuel lines to this point?
It would be easier just to put another standard tank in there, but then its not going to stop this happening in the future, unless of course i do make up a steal plate to cover tank, this fuel cell option and a fuel pump may also future proof my car in case i feel like going turbo one day.

All your thoughts and opinions are welcomed, because as you can probably tell ive got no f**k idea where to go with this lol.

Cheers guys.

98 Fairmont Ghia, T5, 6 Puk Clutch, Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust System, J3 Chip, Dobi Superlows, 17's, B&M Line-Loc.

Post subject: Re: Fuel cell in EL
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

fuel cells only hold 10 litres but dont they? plus you would have the noise of the pump in the car running all the time

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:48 pm 
Smokin em up

New Zealand

bry40l wrote:
fuel cells only hold 10 litres but dont they? plus you would have the noise of the pump in the car running all the time

i was looking at something along these lines
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =420459226

and pump in the car would be ok, it makes that many other noises it will blend in lol

98 Fairmont Ghia, T5, 6 Puk Clutch, Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust System, J3 Chip, Dobi Superlows, 17's, B&M Line-Loc.

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:15 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

why not just put another std tank in???
easy fix..

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:20 pm 
Smokin em up

New Zealand

yeah easy fix, but ive got a bad habit of when something breaks completely eliminate it from happening again by doing things way over the top lol

standy tank would take 5min to put back in, then make a steal plate up to stop it from happening again. if fuel cell turns out to be to much of a mish, ill go the standard way again.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]