Fordmods Logo

Fuel cut and lean cruise 

 

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel cut and lean cruise
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:24 am 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
mitchell g wrote:
SWC wrote:
No, Boost gauge works just like a Vacuum Gauge.

Mechanical or electronic gauge?

electric

Senders f**k.


most boost/vac gauges eg autometer read inhg for the vacuum side and psi boost for positive pressure.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel cut and lean cruise
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:29 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 22

Posts: 3347

Joined: 19th Dec 2008

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

Location: Farleigh
QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
SWC wrote:
mitchell g wrote:
SWC wrote:
No, Boost gauge works just like a Vacuum Gauge.

Mechanical or electronic gauge?

electric

Senders f**k.


most boost/vac gauges eg autometer read inhg for the vacuum side and psi boost for positive pressure.

was only getting a refrence from under the throttle body in the BBM from where the carbon canister was plumbed into

 

_________________

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
Image
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel cut and lean cruise
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

Fuel Cut works at 2,000 rpm or higher at closed throttle/idle.
I know mine works coz the AFR meter reads 21.8% ....which is atmosphere O2....at 2,000 rpm or higher.
Lean Cruise takes a while to happen.....it's never gunna happen in town driving....all those damn traffic lights.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel cut and lean cruise
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:36 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 236

Joined: 4th Jan 2009

Ride: ED XR6, AUII XR8

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

cjh wrote:
Fuel Cut works at 2,000 rpm or higher at closed throttle/idle.
I know mine works coz the AFR meter reads 21.8% ....which is atmosphere O2....at 2,000 rpm or higher.
Lean Cruise takes a while to happen.....it's never gunna happen in town driving....all those damn traffic lights.


Why is your meter rading in %?? Yeah lean cruise does take a while to happen, it actually works on my AU so I have something to compare to. It also has engine braking, even under 2000rpm without fuel cut... Not really sure why the ED doesn't behave similar. Checked the neutral switch it is working as intended. Still got no ideas really, will have to put the wideband back in the car and check.
Curious though, what AFR does yours run at in lean cruise?

 

_________________

ED XR6, LeMans Red, 5-Speed
AUII XR8, Silhouette, 5-Speed

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel cut and lean cruise
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

shyun wrote:
cjh wrote:
Fuel Cut works at 2,000 rpm or higher at closed throttle/idle.
I know mine works coz the AFR meter reads 21.8% ....which is atmosphere O2....at 2,000 rpm or higher.
Lean Cruise takes a while to happen.....it's never gunna happen in town driving....all those damn traffic lights.


Why is your meter rading in %?? Yeah lean cruise does take a while to happen, it actually works on my AU so I have something to compare to. It also has engine braking, even under 2000rpm without fuel cut... Not really sure why the ED doesn't behave similar. Checked the neutral switch it is working as intended. Still got no ideas really, will have to put the wideband back in the car and check.
Curious though, what AFR does yours run at in lean cruise?


Lean cruise is about 15:1 to 16:1. Normal is anywhere from 12:1 to 13.5:1.
Atmosphere Oxygen is 21.8%......can be 21.8:1 too, I suppose.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel cut and lean cruise
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:44 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 236

Joined: 4th Jan 2009

Ride: ED XR6, AUII XR8

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

cjh wrote:
Lean cruise is about 15:1 to 16:1. Normal is anywhere from 12:1 to 13.5:1.
Atmosphere Oxygen is 21.8%......can be 21.8:1 too, I suppose.


Well I definitely don't get lean cruise then...
so you get about 21:1 AFR? That's a bit different to 21.8%...If that's the case it isn't much of a fuel cut realy

 

_________________

ED XR6, LeMans Red, 5-Speed
AUII XR8, Silhouette, 5-Speed

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel cut and lean cruise
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

shyun wrote:
cjh wrote:
Lean cruise is about 15:1 to 16:1. Normal is anywhere from 12:1 to 13.5:1.
Atmosphere Oxygen is 21.8%......can be 21.8:1 too, I suppose.


Well I definitely don't get lean cruise then...
so you get about 21:1 AFR? That's a bit different to 21.8%...If that's the case it isn't much of a fuel cut realy


Fuel won't burn at <7:1 or >19:1......that 21.8:1 is no fuel going in, the injectors aren't on.....no injector pulse above 2,000 rpm at closed throttle.....even the old LE2 system from the early 80's does this.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel cut and lean cruise
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:37 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 236

Joined: 4th Jan 2009

Ride: ED XR6, AUII XR8

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

cjh wrote:

Fuel won't burn at <7:1 or >19:1......that 21.8:1 is no fuel going in, the injectors aren't on.....no injector pulse above 2,000 rpm at closed throttle.....even the old LE2 system from the early 80's does this.


That makes no sense, if the injectors aren't on why would it magically read 21.8:1, it will read off scale (say 'lean' if using a gauge). Usually they read like 30:1 or 40:1 or something since there's still a little fuel and combustion gases in the exhaust.

 

_________________

ED XR6, LeMans Red, 5-Speed
AUII XR8, Silhouette, 5-Speed

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel cut and lean cruise
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:03 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

shyun wrote:
cjh wrote:

Fuel won't burn at <7:1 or >19:1......that 21.8:1 is no fuel going in, the injectors aren't on.....no injector pulse above 2,000 rpm at closed throttle.....even the old LE2 system from the early 80's does this.


That makes no sense, if the injectors aren't on why would it magically read 21.8:1, it will read off scale (say 'lean' if using a gauge). Usually they read like 30:1 or 40:1 or something since there's still a little fuel and combustion gases in the exhaust.


That is it......try it for yourself......2nd gear, down a hill, take it past 2,500 rpm, and back off, wait till it hits 2,000 rpm and drops under that, and you'll feel the car not decelerate so hard after that.....engine braking isn't as hard after 2,000 rpm and lower.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:20 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names