Fordmods Logo

Fuel Pump and Injectors???? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Fuel Pump and Injectors????
Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Hey,
I am now going ahead with the supercharger and need to get a new fuel pump and injectors.
What fuel pump should i get? I've heard about the Holley Blue fuel pumps, just wondering if someone knows where i could get that or another fuel pump to run at over 240rwkw, also are the Walbro pumps any good or can flow this power.

Injectors, where can i get them from, and are they all the same between models? Cause there are some 42lb injectors advertised in the trading post every week for $65 each, are they a general fit or not?
If not where can i get some from, 42lb to run the power i need i think.

Thanks Dave

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:26 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

If you are doing the EL a Holley Blue is a carby only fuel pump. Ignoring that they are loud and s**t IMO.

As for injectors are you using the std ecu because it requires high impedance injectors. Generally injectors fall into hose tail, side feed and o-ring. Ford will take pretty much all o-ring injectors.

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

For that sort of gear, contact MrLandau.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

The Walbro GSS-340 and GSS-341 are high pressure 255lph pumps and will support more than you will need for ~250rwkw. The difference between the 340 and 341 is the style (i.e. size and shape) of the pickup, either will be OK for your Ford. Should be able to get them under $200, and yes MrLandau sells these.

As for injectors, you might as well get some 42lbs Ford Motorsport ones (Bosch EV1). There are a few good eBay stores selling them for between $US250-300. Should be about $400 landed. OR you could do what I did and buy some second hand of Corral. I got a set of 39lb '03 Cobra OEM injectors (Bosch EV6), that drop straight into my AU for $250 shipped.

I would recommend getting a larger MAF too. Probably not necessary, but the stock would most likely start pegging at or around that level of horsepower. The '01 F150 Lightning MAF (90mm) measures enough air to support over 300rwkw before pegging, and is only $US99 from most places. Buy your injectors and MAF from the same place and save on shipping.

You will need to chip your computer for the larger injectors and for the Lightning MAF (MAF transfer function). You need a tune anyway for the blower. Chiptorque will be able to do a chip for you to suit the injectors and MAF. They may want to do a full custom dyno tune for the blower though....give them a call.

If you have any dramas with shipping, try http://www.shopthestates.com. I've never paid more than $US35 to get stuff Air Express from the US using these guys.

Dave.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

thanks again guys,

I was probably foing to go with a Microtech, Wolf Ver.4 or if i can pick up an EMS.
I've got about 2k to spend on the chip and dyno tuning.
So any suggestions on what will run fine with the blower and MAF sensor would be great.

Thanks Dave

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Yeah, I use the Warlbro and its fine and a cheap alternative to a Bosch motorsport type pump.
IMO, for similar money as getting the eec chipped and a new maf, I would opt for a new ecu... Wolf is my choice but theres heaps of other brands equally as good ( Im sure you already know all this ) Also makes shopping for injectors alot easier as aftermarket ecu's will drive the majority of injectors on the market

Post subject: Injectors
Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

See the Forced Induction Thread (Injectors for AU turbo) .... injector price list.

Also have 1x 255 walbro left pump left $165.00 plus p&h

Joe........ Crescent Motorsport...................... Web page Comming :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]